TRP Exam A-D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BushBaby

Nipplelina
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone using this book to study at all? I know when I use to take princeton, a few students attempted to do them but said they were too Hard. I never did them.

Now I am doing them though. I am scored a fantabulous 20 on the first one. I am midway thru the exam B. (I do one section each day due to time constraints).

Let me know if anyone else is attempting to do this book.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Baby,

I have those test too, but I decided not to do them yet. Saving them for when I have nothing else to practice.

The exams are more difficult, also the scoring scale in the back is rather harsh. I think they use AAMC III scale, which is not very helpful. So I wouldn't worry about the score.

If you are doing the exams, just do it as practice. Don't worry about the score and don't let the tests demoralize you.

Good luck

Thanks Wonderboy.....

I will keep doing them but try to focus too much on my score and also go back and review the things that I got wrong. I also have the Kaplan 45 is which is also quite hard. I will save that for April.

Hi Bushbaby... remember me?? :) I too have TPR Practice tests A-D. I did practice test B last Sunday in an MCAT-like sitting at the library...got a 19...Boo! On the upside, I do know that these exams are designed to be more difficult than the actual one, increasing in difficulty with the letter...so if we can "endure" through a full-length couple of these, we may find the real MCAT a relief...or at least, relatively (the MCAT is never a relief!)

I just don't wanna take this frikkin' exam a 4th time!!! April 26th,it's all mine!! ALL mine!!! Muahahahaha!! Good luck!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Cafepinay
Hi Bushbaby... remember me?? :) I too have TPR Practice tests A-D. I did practice test B last Sunday in an MCAT-like sitting at the library...got a 19...Boo! On the upside, I do know that these exams are designed to be more difficult than the actual one, increasing in difficulty with the letter...so if we can "endure" through a full-length couple of these, we may find the real MCAT a relief...or at least, relatively (the MCAT is never a relief!)

I just don't wanna take this frikkin' exam a 4th time!!! April 26th,it's all mine!! ALL mine!!! Muahahahaha!! Good luck!!! :)

LOL....trust me on April 26th you can make my exam all yours too because I don't want to sit and take it.

I am also doing the A-D exams. So far I got:
A-18
B-20
C-?

I will do C this weekend. The thing is that I don't sit to take them thru. I take one section each morning because of my hectic work and school schedule. I then go over the wrong answers as best as I can.

We only have a month left as of today....so we just have to keep our fingers crossed and do our best.

yes, the lettered tests are a lot harder than the real thing. if you dont let them rattle your confidence, they're pretty worthwhile, they are pretty much the hardest type of ?s you could expect to see on the mcat. i didnt come within 8 points of my real score on one of those lettered tests :)

DW and others-- thanks for relieving my worry at least a little bit--I took PR test A recently, and scored so badly I am considering waiting til August to take the real thing. Well, not only because of that, also because I was gone on spring break, have been jet-lagged this whole week, and feel like I'm really unprepared.

But on test A, I scored a 9 on Physical Sci, but a 7 (a 7!) on Bio, though I had half an hour to spare on that section, which I could have used to check my answers. This compares to several other tests (AAMC III, a Kaplan test) on which I've scored 11 or 12 on Bio, and that was several months ago!

Does anyone think that the 7 on Bio is a sign I should wait to take the MCAT? Even if the PR tests are harder than average, this seems like a really bad score! (especially since I'm a bio major!)

Originally posted by karen44
Does anyone think that the 7 on Bio is a sign I should wait to take the MCAT? Even if the PR tests are harder than average, this seems like a really bad score! (especially since I'm a bio major!)
hell no. again, those lettered tests are WAY, WAY harder than the real thing. how you're doing on the aamc diags is your best barometer imho. those lettered tests you can consider "heavy resistance training" :cool: