PhD/PsyD Trust Insurance Longevity Reward, lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calimich

Associate Professor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a check for $35.82 last week as a "reward" for being insured for 5 consecutive years. Didn't even know this was a thing...does it continue to go up as time goes by? do other underwriters give these "rewards"?
Who do I call for my car and health insurance longevity rewards?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's a lower bound point, at which, the check amount is low enough that I am upset with the hassle of having to cash it. This would be one of those times. Just apply a discount to my next premium, not give me a task to do which is worth less than the time to do it.

There's a lower bound point, at which, the check amount is low enough that I am upset with the hassle of having to cash it. This would be one of those times. Just apply a discount to my next premium, not give me a task to do which is worth less than the time to do it.
I disagree! I love getting these types of checks that are too small to bother deposting. I enjoy the nostalgia of going to the bank teller or drive through window, giving them a piece of paper, and getting a handful of cash (and coins!) In return. Ask for it in small bills! Take that cash to the local diner, sit at the counter, drink bad coffee, eat something really bad for you (biscuits and gravy?), and read the copy of the local rag (slang for newspaper, for you younguns). Maybe have a discussion with the old man sitting next to you. Pay in cash, leave a large cash tip of the "keep the change" variety, and then return to the times we we live in. I'm only on year 4 with the Trust, but now I'm excited for next year!

Reactions: 9 users
I disagree! I love getting these types of checks that are too small to bother deposting. I enjoy the nostalgia of going to the bank teller or drive through window, giving them a piece of paper, and getting a handful of cash (and coins!) In return. Ask for it in small bills! Take that cash to the local diner, sit at the counter, drink bad coffee, eat something really bad for you (biscuits and gravy?), and read the copy of the local rag (slang for newspaper, for you younguns). Maybe have a discussion with the old man sitting next to you. Pay in cash, leave a large cash tip of the "keep the change" variety, and then return to the times we we live in. I'm only on year 4 with the Trust, but now I'm excited for next year!

I am not insured by the Trust, but I was going to suggest that they just send the refund in IHOP gift cards.

Reactions: 3 users

I usually just wait a while til I get enough of the supplemental insurance checks and do a large batch deposit. Probably throw this on that pile.

I got one for $25 last year, as a student, so that was almost my yearly premium!

Do you people use the check deposit feature on bank apps? Life changing! :)

Reactions: 4 users

I do have that, but sometimes it's buggy, and it has a 10k/week limit, which is limiting at times. I haven't asked to increase that yet, though. So, I should probably do that.

Reactions: 1 user
I use it and have not had any issues, but then there would be no excuse to sit next to old people and drink coffee while zoomers discover what a printed newspaper is (just like a tablet, but you have to turn the pages instead of scrolling folks).

I do have that, but sometimes it's buggy, and it has a 10k/week limit, which is limiting at times. I haven't asked to increase that yet, though. So, I should probably do that.
I'm sure you've already got one, but business checking FTW. It's become a personal goal to one day reach the monthly deposit limit.

Also, diner coffee is the best. I think it's because of the cups they use.

I have insurance through American Professional Agency. I wonder if I'll get a check at 5 years...

I'm sure you've already got one, but business checking FTW. It's become a personal goal to one day reach the monthly deposit limit.

I have insurance through American Professional Agency. I wonder if I'll get a check at 5 years...

Yeah, business checking account, depositing through the app has a 5k/day, 10k per week deposit limit. Do couple IMEs and you're tapped. Add on a handful of supplemental checks and you're heading in for a personal deposit. Medicare is set up for ACH, so that helps.

I'm also at American.

I've had American Professional for 10 years and I don't recall getting a check other than when I sent in my risk CE credits and got a discount.

Hubby (also a psychologist) has had the Trust for over 30 years. Got back $69.24 for his last longevity "reward." Of course, his premium is almost $1300! So there's that! :p

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I have been with the Trust for ten years and I didn't get squat! Where is my check for $53.84!
I like that goal to hit the limit with the business checking, but so far I only had one patient use a check so I'm thinking that it won't happen. I have had twice that many use cash and I'm not even sure what to do with it. Last time I carried that much cash...well we probably shouldn't go into the specifics of that in a public forum.
;)

I have been with the Trust for ten years and I didn't get squat! Where is my check for $53.84!
I like that goal to hit the limit with the business checking, but so far I only had one patient use a check so I'm thinking that it won't happen. I have had twice that many use cash and I'm not even sure what to do with it. Last time I carried that much cash...well we probably shouldn't go into the specifics of that in a public forum.
;)

Is that like old people's bitcoin?

Reactions: 1 users