Trying to Change my MCAT Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillrothI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I am scheduled to take the 04/27 MCAT, but am trying to postpone until 05/30. I am hoping to take the exam in either CA or AZ. Unfortunately, I didn't find a spot quick enough and there doesn't seem to be anything available at this time.

Is it likely that spots will open up closer to the test date? Should I just keep monitoring AAMC, or am I kind of in trouble here? Three spots opened yesterday, but each one was snagged almost immediately. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and cancel my 04/27 date and hope that something else opens up before 05/30, or if I should just stick it out.

Any advice on how to go about this is appreciated! I was told by my Kaplan instructor that spots open up all the time, but I've been checking frantically for several hours now and so far haven't had any luck finding a site within 500 miles of my home.

Thanks,
Bill R.

Members don't see this ad.

Spots do open up, but they usually do so with greater frequency around the deadline for date changes. So, you're kind of stuck into constantly checking for a spot. I would only suggest cancelling your test date if it's close to the deadline for date changes AND you're positive you won't be ready in time.

Spots do open up, but they usually do so with greater frequency around the deadline for date changes. So, you're kind of stuck into constantly checking for a spot. I would only suggest cancelling your test date if it's close to the deadline for date changes AND you're positive you won't be ready in time.

Thanks very much, SN2. I figured that was the case. I guess that means I have to keep checking, possibly forfeit my 04/27 seat, and hope for a flood of cancellations around mid-May?

FWIW - I wish I had used your plan from the start. I just started the BR PS books recently and have found them to be exponentially more useful than Kaplan. I already see an improvement in my score and am confident that I can improve my PS score to the teens if I devote enough time to BR and the BR CBTs.

Thanks again.

-Bill R.