Trying to decide btw 2 interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

openstage

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 late breaking interviews in 2 weeks for the same date. I’m very sorry for people still waiting

Penn State and OUWB interviews.

Each is equally far from home, transportation cost similar.

I can only go to one. Which would you attend? More info: 509 / 3.92, excellent EC, plenty of clinical hours. And I have an A at a low-mid tier, ranked school.

Members don't see this ad.

If you already have an acceptance, you are going to be a doctor. Commit to the interview for the school you are more excited about, even if you may think you have a better shot at getting into the other one.

Reactions: 6 users
Go to the one that has a better match list (where you’d want to match regionally etc). Which school has better research opportunities? What is the grading system like?
Those are the questions I would ask myself in deciding.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the one that has a better match list (where you’d want to match regionally etc). Which school has better research opportunities? What is the grading system like?
Those are the questions I would ask myself in deciding.
I have not looked at the Match list. Do we a website where you check by college basis.

I have 2 late breaking interviews in 2 weeks for the same date. I’m very sorry for people still waiting

Penn State and OUWB interviews.

Each is equally far from home, transportation cost similar.

I can only go to one. Which would you attend? More info: 509 / 3.92, excellent EC, plenty of clinical hours. And I have an A at a low-mid tier, ranked school.
I can’t recommend Penn State given how their parent body protected a child molester for decades.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I can’t recommend Penn State given how their parent body protected a child molester for decades.
I can't tell if this is just sarcasm or ignorance.

I appreciate your honesty. I'm not sure all campuses and programs should be blamed / painted with the same stroke? But it does give one pause.

I appreciate your honesty. I'm not sure all campuses and programs should be blamed / painted with the same stroke? But it does give one pause.
As the dad of two children, I don't make the distinction between the med school and the parent body.

Just wait until you become a parent.

I understand completely what you're saying, and as I've said before, I appreciate your contributions to these forums. I don't know how people navigate this complex and difficult process without the advice and wisdom of adults.

As the dad of two children, I don't make the distinction between the med school and the parent body.

Not a parent but I understand.
I didn’t consider penn state at all for undergrad because of the horrific events and cover up that took place.

Didn’t consider Michigan State for med school because of what happened there.

Both personal decisions though and I did have other options.

Last edited:

If I become a parent, I will teach my children to not judge an entire institution and those associated with that institution by the actions of a few individuals.

I would check this out. I compiled the program director ratings of programs (even unranked ones) from USNWR and then ordered them based on high to low to create another way to see how schools stack up against one another... Penn State #71, OUWB #117

The medical school is in Hershey and I wouldn't relate that to their football scandal but that's me. They have abundant research opportunities, solid residency programs, and are P/F instead of H/P/F like OUWB

• Wow
Lucky you on those acceptances/invites!! Congrats on the success :D

Can you not ask for a reschedule for one of them?

I agree with above posters that you should try to pick the one you are more excited about, but there is always the possibility you may fall in love with the other one by surprise.

If not, go with the one you like the most rn, or provides the best opportunities as far as you can tell.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.