Trying to figure out all the waitlist results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

it's me GP

Reaction score
I applied early (June 6) to 11 schools and think I have decent stats: 3.8 overall and 3.6 science GPAs; 22 AA, all scores 22 or above except bio (21) and 26 PAT. Despite my best efforts, I'm getting waitlisted or no responses after pre-December interviews. Any thoughts as to what might be going on; what I might improve; how to handle the waitlist responses? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied early (June 6) to 11 schools and think I have decent stats: 3.8 overall and 3.6 science GPAs; 22 AA, all scores 22 or above except bio (21) and 26 PAT. Despite my best efforts, I'm getting waitlisted or no responses after pre-December interviews. Any thoughts as to what might be going on; what I might improve; how to handle the waitlist responses? Thanks.
how many interviews?

Eight, but the last one was Nov. 30, on the eve of first round decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eight, but the last one was Nov. 30, on the eve of first round decisions.

unless there was a severe red flag in all your interviews, I suspect you should have some activity once people start cancelling their acceptances

What schools did you apply to?
UAB - waitlist
Nova - waitlist
Roseman - waitlist
3 Texas Schools - no responses
Louisville - no response
Western - no response
Colorado - no response
USC - no response
MUSC - no response

UAB - waitlist
Nova - waitlist
Roseman - waitlist
3 Texas Schools - no responses
Louisville - no response
Western - no response
Colorado - no response
USC - no response
MUSC - no response
Have you called any of the schools since Monday (where you received no response yet) and asked them what your status is and if they are still considering your application for admittance?

I did that with a couple of schools that I'm very interested in and did not hear from them on Monday. They were very nice to me and told me that I'm still being considered and since the admittances are on a rolling basis, I could hear any time regarding their decision (admittance, denial, or I guess wait listed are the options at this point). It helped me to know where I stood at these particular schools (and that not hearing from them didn't mean a rejection).

Good luck! I can't imagine that you won't hear something soon and get an acceptance somewhere since you interviewed at so many schools!! :)

Reactions: 1 user