Technology Trying to Find a Good Printer!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a good printer for my home. I doubt that it will have too heavy of usage, but I do want to be able to scan and print pictures with good clarity. I figure that I'll use it to print out pictures of my anatomy atlases so that I don't have to carry them around all of the time AND so that I don't ruin them with people juice. I'll also probably print out histology slides with it.

I've been looking at the HP 8500 All In One. I wouldn't use the fax, but that's fine with me. It supposedly has excellent efficiency for an ink jet, and prints clear images as well. The 50 bucks back for my old printer is also a big selling point.

Does anyone have any positive or negative comments about this printer, or alternative suggestions for printers of this class?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

If you do end up buying that from HP you can get 3% cash back and $5. If you use the coupon code SV2132 you'll get an extra $30 off at checkout. As for whether it is a nice printer, it looks pretty nice with auto duplex and wireless. With it being essentially $149 to you I'd say it is worth it.

Thank you so much for that coupon code. I appreciate it.

Edit:

I just ordered it. Thanks again.

Last edited: