TS 20 AA 19, RC16...When should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

changale

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just took the DAT yesterday and got the following scores...
PA 21, QR 17, RC 16, Bio 18, GC 21, OC 21, TS 20, and AA 19.....

I didn't know what happened to the RC.....I got 20s on Kaplan's (but there is like a 19 Paragraph ethics passage on the real thing) ....so sad that I have to retake the test. I thought the Bio has a some of questions that weren't covered in Kaplan, like developmental biology and identifying cells under microscope...

My question is with this bad RC, should I still try apply early June or should I just send my applications a week after I retake the DAT (which is likely early August)? I am a UCLA undergrad with gpa 3.5, took esl.

How fast does it take the application / and the DAT scores to reach the schools?

I wish to get into dental schools in California, and I know USC has earlier acceptances, but at the same time I am afraid they will reject my application with the RC score....Also I already filled to have my send the 5 Cali, can I cancel the score reports still?

Any advice appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

well, everything seems alright aside from your RC. I take my test this wed and I fear that my RC is gonna be just as "not so hot" as yours... even though I know that I know how to read, and I'm 100% sure you do as well.

you could have a good chance at SC if you've got the background and some decent experience.

I know I'm not much help at the moment, but if you don't mind, my exam is on wed...

muscle, heart, nerve, brain, epithelial, embryonic stages (I don't even know what those are...)? why not just reach me by AIM: eatkabab

or maybe just post your achiever/topscore scores? heres a fellow UCLA graduate (2007 - psychobio) reaching out to another bruin (and offering any advice/help possible)...

I'd be eternally thankful...:luck: