TUCOM-CA Housing question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if there was another thread about this, but I was wondering where the current students of TUCOM live. I've been searching for places all over vallejo online, but I'm afraid that they're too far. How far down Mare Island is the school? How much traffic is there and when does it start/stop? I've been using Mapquest to figure out distances and stuff fromt he apartments, but the address (printed on TUCOM letterheads) is in Vallejo NEAR Mare Island, but not on it.

Of course this will be much easier once I get my bootay up there to check things out in person, but I was hoping you all could help me narrow the search.

Specific Apartment buildings would be SUPER!

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey antt,
I'm just as confused about housing. I was reading on the MISL website, and it looks like most people on there suggested living in Benicia, or other surrounding areas, but not Vallejo. I looked into some apartments in Benicia via websites and one bedrooms range from around 800-1000, a little expensive. I could also use any information you find out, or that anyone could offer.

antt said:
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if there was another thread about this, but I was wondering where the current students of TUCOM live. I've been searching for places all over vallejo online, but I'm afraid that they're too far. How far down Mare Island is the school? How much traffic is there and when does it start/stop? I've been using Mapquest to figure out distances and stuff fromt he apartments, but the address (printed on TUCOM letterheads) is in Vallejo NEAR Mare Island, but not on it.

Of course this will be much easier once I get my bootay up there to check things out in person, but I was hoping you all could help me narrow the search.

Specific Apartment buildings would be SUPER!

:thumbup:

Check out spyglass in benicia, most of my classmates liver there, its about 10 mins away from school (driving) and it has a great view. Most of the parties and class bbqs are held ther too.

Members don't see this ad :)
DNA-RL said:
Check out spyglass in benicia, most of my classmates liver there, its about 10 mins away from school (driving) and it has a great view. Most of the parties and class bbqs are held ther too.

How do I check out this spyglass? Is it hard to get a place there?

yea i heard about spyglass, but from the info site, it's not exactly a cheaper alternative either. i wish i had enough to put a down payment on a condo or townhouse :\

dignan said:
How do I check out this spyglass? Is it hard to get a place there?

I think you can find them online, if not just go to google and just run a search for benicia housing (I think spyglass is in vallejo though, sorry about the confusion). But if you want something specific look into wartergate and sterling heights, those are great places to live also. If money is a problem (and for most of us it is) try to find a fellow tucom 09 and see if they want to room with you. Hope this helps!

P.S. Welcome to the family... all of you!

I've been looking around, and I think i'm gonna end up staying in vallejo. I've only looked online though...and i won't be doing any serious looking until i actually get a chance to go up there.

i was hoping that there was, like, a complex of choice where there's a good handful of students so we can all be neighbor buddies and feel like we have someone to lean on during blocks (eeek).

oh, there's this thing called craigslist.com and they have recent listings...but i mean, i'm not moving up there until like late july.

anyway, let me know, you crazy kids.

thank you much!

[edit]

ok, i just read about the spyglass thing. cool, i'll check it out. i was getting attached to this one place in vallejo 'cause it has a washer/dryer, lol. but i GUESS i'll look around...