TUCOM-CA rotations in Bay Area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot lately about the difficulties New York City med students / schools are having securing quality rotation sites due to contract shutout from Caribbean schools, a limited number of hospitals / rotation spots, and a plethora of schools. While I'm sure the Bay Area is very different and has no issue (that I'm aware of) with competition from Caribbean schools, I'm just trying to get a better picture overall of the status of available teaching hospitals / clinics in the area. I was hoping current and former TUCOM-CA students could shed some light on Bay Area rotations available to them. Specifically:

* What are the differences between Bay Area rotation sites (community based vs. hospital based) for TUCOM students

* What are the differences in quality (subjective or objective) that you've experienced / heard of from others

* How are relations with allopathic students from nearby schools / preceptors / residency PDs

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.