TUCOM housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hobbes01

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search on this but I remembered that there were going to changes to the housing this year, so I was wondering if anyone has any updated information on the housing options at Touro. Do most of the students live on the island the first year? What are all our options? Are there any recommendations for first-year students?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that only current students will be allowed to live on campus which means that married students will have to live off the island. I don't know what the specific options on campus will be, you may want to e-mail student services and ask.

I am going to tour the new grad student dorms next week. I will let you know what I find out. At this point there are 3BR townhouses that you share with other students. Studio apts and the new dorms, which will have a few singles and then everything else will be doubles. I was told that the grad dorms will have a bathroom for each room so at the least you won't be sharing your bathroom with 20 people.

The one thing that I know for sure from talking to other students is that 4th years get first priority, then 3rd year, then 2nd and 1st years get what is left. Most 3rd and 4th take the townhouses from what I have been told and then the order of occupied housing is that the townhouses get taken first, then the studios next. The college used to have a lease for 3BR duplexes but the developer for the island didn't renew the contract and it was a big stink because students were kicked out of the houses at the end of last year.

One thing to consider about on-campus housing. Absolutely NO PETS!