TUCOM input?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by HoosierDO, Oct 26, 2002.

1. HoosierDO

HoosierDO Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi guys...just wanted some input from those that have either visited TUCOM either for personal reasons or for an interview. It is very far from home for me, and was sort of hesitant on spending the money for the application. If anyone has any input...positive or negative I would love to hear it!!! Thanks a lot!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I personally really liked the school. I was impressed with the students and very impressed with the staff. It seems like a school that I could preform well in...i.e the environment. The school is definately not for everyone, as you will learn by reading the posts here, but it is a great match for some. I you have some extra $$ I think it is definately a school worth checking out. Good luck

4. DrZippy2b

DrZippy2b Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I can tell you this... I applied to LOTS of schools, both DO and MD. Let's just say I was hedging my bets and that I was pretty serious about not having to repeat the painful application process. :D

I have dealt with lots of schools over the past six months and was very pleasantly surprised when I talked to TUCOM. They strive to be (and succeed at being) very applicant/student oriented. I was accepted at more than one school, but decided that if TUCOM accepted me, I was done. I was lucky enough to have been accepted there and haven't accepted another interview invitation since. I was sold on the school's faculty/staff/students. They are really committed to making sure they produce great doctors.

That said, I must admit, it is VERY scary to look at the school as it is today. The buildings are starting to come together, but it still looks rather scary. It has the potential to be a very pretty campus, but it does need some work. So, you really have to try to look beyond the exteriors for now... The interiors are another thing altogether. They have all been completely redone and look great and I can't rave enough about the anatomy lab!!!

If you want to get an idea of the school, you should try to call their admissions office (or email) them with a question. I think you will get a sense of how the school is...

Good luck!

-Zippy

5. DrZippy2b

DrZippy2b Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh yeah...

PS: I live in Sacramento now, but I am from Southern Illinois and you are right about it being far from home, but I've live out here for four years now, and it is really a great place... and my family loves to visit because of all the cool things to do in the Bay Area...