tucom interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vdubpower

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i will be interviewing at touro very soon. and i was hoping to find infor about the interview there.any insight abt the process would be helpful. i
know its a panel, whichs scares me sorta. what sorta questions did they ask,
did
they get into personal stuff infront of other applicants, i have visited the
school, it seemed alright, to be honest i dont have much choice where i can
go. anywhere is good for me. so if u can give me any knowledge about tucom
interviews, i would greatly appreciate it

thanks
faiz

Members don't see this ad.

I got into Touro, so the interview can't be that bad!! I thought just like you did. I read other people's views about panel interview. Believe it or not, I liked the panel interview. Why? you ask. Well, to begin with, you get to all the people who will be interviewing you at once, and you get it over with fast. It is my personal belief that the interview committee can't help but compare the candidates with each other. But that gives you the chance to see how other people are responding, and if they committ any mistakes you learn from them and not make them yourself.

During my interview, I made sure that I sat right in the middle of the group so I could have eye contact with all of them. Admittedly, I was nervous so I took one of those instant hot-packs with me that I held in my hands and disposed right before the interview = A WARM handshake rather than a cold one. I was the only one in our group who shook hands with every committee member.

While it is prudent to know yourself, your history, and to have valid explanations for your weak points, it is more important that you reflect confidence, compassion, persistance and honesty. Don't try to bull**** them, they will look right through you. Be yourself, and give it your best shot.

I look back at it now and I can say that its not as bad as its made up to be. They already know that you are med school material, otherwise you would not be there for the interview. They want to see what kind of a PERSON you are. This is your chance to show them who you are.

Hope that helps, don't sweat it. My advice: Enjoy the day, regardless of the outcome. You've worked long and hard to get to this point. Before the interview the dean of admissions (who is a very nice and polite guy) gives you a brief future plan for the school. Listen to what he says, pay attention to the med school tour as you may have questions (I know I did). Who knows may be I'll see you there next year.

Hope this helps

i agree with wsingh. the interview wasn't so bad i thought. although the others were kinda worried and nervous about it. i actually enjoyed the process and its over before you know it. just relax and know your application well. the rest will come naturally i think. also, they let you know if you get in very soon but the downside is you only have two weeks to accept. i chose COMP instead. but it is an excellent school and i had a tough time deciding. goodluck to you.