• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

hansdieter702

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2005
27
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Quick question for all TUCOM-MI students. I was just put on the "high" alternate list after interviewing a couple of weeks ago. Dr. Haight made it sound like the chances of getting in off the waitlist are good. Have any of you experienced this or know of classmates that got in off the waitlist?

Also, what are the rotations like during 3rd and 4th year? Where do the majority of students end up and how hard is it to stay in CA?
 

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
655
1
42
Barnes and Noble, studying as usual.
mj1878.wordpress.com
Status
Medical Student
hansdieter702 said:
Quick question for all TUCOM-MI students. I was just put on the "high" alternate list after interviewing a couple of weeks ago. Dr. Haight made it sound like the chances of getting in off the waitlist are good. Have any of you experienced this or know of classmates that got in off the waitlist?

Also, what are the rotations like during 3rd and 4th year? Where do the majority of students end up and how hard is it to stay in CA?

Huh... When I interviewed there on the 1st of November, he told me that he didn't even take ONE PERSON off the waitlist last year. My guess, though, if it's anything like the Nevada campus, is that if you DO get off the waitlist, it likely won't be until June or July (or, in the extreme case of one student, the week of orientation!). Best of luck to you!!!
 

PayingMyDues

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2003
72
1
Visit site
Status
hansdieter702 said:
Quick question for all TUCOM-MI students. I was just put on the "high" alternate list after interviewing a couple of weeks ago. Dr. Haight made it sound like the chances of getting in off the waitlist are good. Have any of you experienced this or know of classmates that got in off the waitlist?

Also, what are the rotations like during 3rd and 4th year? Where do the majority of students end up and how hard is it to stay in CA?
Hi

Let me tell you that you have a good chance of getting off that list IF....you put in the effort to get it done...make the phone calls..come talk to the school (Dr.H) if you can...and SHOW that you want to come here...rotation wise...NOT much for me to say...if you like to roll the dice...you should be ok...GL
 
About the Ads

Monty Python

(Reagan’s shooting CXR)
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
1,471
275
Nowhere particular
PayingMyDues said:
Hi

Let me tell you that you have a good chance of getting off that list IF....you put in the effort to get it done...make the phone calls..come talk to the school (Dr.H) if you can...and SHOW that you want to come here...rotation wise...NOT much for me to say...if you like to roll the dice...you should be ok...GL
I interviewed there on 12/5, and seem to recall Dr. Haight saying that if you made "high" waitlist this year, it essentially guaranteed you acceptance the following year. Did I misunderstand him?

Good luck with your efforts. I ultimately took a spot elsewhere but was impressed with TUCOM and especially all the helpful people there.
 

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,419
6
Status
Resident [Any Field]
trinityalumnus said:
I interviewed there on 12/5, and seem to recall Dr. Haight saying that if you made "high" waitlist this year, it essentially guaranteed you acceptance the following year. Did I misunderstand him?
No. You are correct. He did say that if you are high waitlisted you'll have a chance of getting off the waitlist this year, if not, you'll definitely be offered a seat for the entering class of 2007.
 
About the Ads