Tucom-mi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hansdieter702

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question for all TUCOM-MI students. I was just put on the "high" alternate list after interviewing a couple of weeks ago. Dr. Haight made it sound like the chances of getting in off the waitlist are good. Have any of you experienced this or know of classmates that got in off the waitlist?

Also, what are the rotations like during 3rd and 4th year? Where do the majority of students end up and how hard is it to stay in CA?

Members don't see this ad.

hansdieter702 said:
Quick question for all TUCOM-MI students. I was just put on the "high" alternate list after interviewing a couple of weeks ago. Dr. Haight made it sound like the chances of getting in off the waitlist are good. Have any of you experienced this or know of classmates that got in off the waitlist?

Also, what are the rotations like during 3rd and 4th year? Where do the majority of students end up and how hard is it to stay in CA?

Huh... When I interviewed there on the 1st of November, he told me that he didn't even take ONE PERSON off the waitlist last year. My guess, though, if it's anything like the Nevada campus, is that if you DO get off the waitlist, it likely won't be until June or July (or, in the extreme case of one student, the week of orientation!). Best of luck to you!!!

hansdieter702 said:

Hi

Let me tell you that you have a good chance of getting off that list IF....you put in the effort to get it done...make the phone calls..come talk to the school (Dr.H) if you can...and SHOW that you want to come here...rotation wise...NOT much for me to say...if you like to roll the dice...you should be ok...GL

Members don't see this ad :)
PayingMyDues said:
Hi

Let me tell you that you have a good chance of getting off that list IF....you put in the effort to get it done...make the phone calls..come talk to the school (Dr.H) if you can...and SHOW that you want to come here...rotation wise...NOT much for me to say...if you like to roll the dice...you should be ok...GL

I interviewed there on 12/5, and seem to recall Dr. Haight saying that if you made "high" waitlist this year, it essentially guaranteed you acceptance the following year. Did I misunderstand him?

Good luck with your efforts. I ultimately took a spot elsewhere but was impressed with TUCOM and especially all the helpful people there.

trinityalumnus said:
I interviewed there on 12/5, and seem to recall Dr. Haight saying that if you made "high" waitlist this year, it essentially guaranteed you acceptance the following year. Did I misunderstand him?
No. You are correct. He did say that if you are high waitlisted you'll have a chance of getting off the waitlist this year, if not, you'll definitely be offered a seat for the entering class of 2007.