TUCOM Supplemental Letters of Recc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has sent out more letters than was asked for. i.e, if the school asks for a letter from a DO or an MD, would it be horrible to send them a letter from both. My situaion is, I can get a great personal letter from an MD, and a good, maybe not so personal letter from a DO. Since it is a DO school, I thought they would prefer the DO letter. the school I am talking about is TUCOM. I think the combo. of both letters would be a great insight to who I am, and the experiences I have had. any advice is appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about not turning in a M.D. letter instead of D.O. I applied last year around December and received secondaries a week later and then interviewed March of 2002 and I got in. I had a M.D. write my letter (my P.I.) and I didn't know any D.O. I would go with the person who know you the best and can write lots of good things about you. I'm not sure what happens if you turn in both but I think you should follow their instructions and just turn in one or the other. Oh, I'm not going to TUCOM not because it's a bad school but I would rather stay near home so I decided to attend WesternU/COMP this August. Good luck to you and feel free to ask me anything about the interview process. :wink: