TUCOM v.s LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cfyda

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between these two. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure TUCOM is better just because there isn't a mandatory dress code

AK

Tough call for me too. I ended up choosing Touro, I just had a better feeling about the school. I did like the fact that LECOM's facilities will be brand new, but I think I made the right decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc Adam, I respectfully disagree with your assessment. I am a first year student at LECOM and I have absolutely no dress code. Students in the PBL and ISP pathways do not attend lectures as do students in the traditional Lecture and Discussion Pathway. We are required to attednd OMM lecture and lab on Tuesday mornings and believe it or not, we are allowed to wear non-professional attire, ie, short pants and tee shirts. LECOM is currently the only Osteopathic Medical school which offers its student the option of three different learning tracts. So often you hear about the "mandatory dress code", however, very few people write about, or are willing to elaborate on, all of the other aspects of LECOM.
Cfyda, I suggest you give full consideration to both your options and not simply dismiss one because it has a dress code. Which ever school you ultimately decide to attend; your decision should be based upon which can offer you the best education, didactic and clinical, and where you feel you will have the best opportunity to grow most as a person. Either way, you are now on the path to becoming a physician. Congratulations.

Hi there..
as a personal observation, I would think that you would definitely want students to be dressed in the proper attire for OMM lab (i.e. t-shirt, athletic shorts) to facilitate palpation and practicing on each other. Although faculty isn't completely strict on the dress code at COMP during OMM lab, I think I have seen one or two people who were penalized a little for not being dressed properly. It definitely helps your peers practice as well when they are learning to perform certain techniques.