TUCOM wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shosh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does someone on the medium alternate list at TUCOM stand a chance of acceptance? It is my #1. Should I contact someone at the school (my interviewers, Mr. Haight, admissions office)? What should I tell them?
THANX for your help!

[This message has been edited by shosh (edited 03-14-2001).]

Members don't see this ad.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by shosh:
does someone on the medium alternate list at TUCOM stand a chance of acceptance?

There is a decent chance that someone on the medium waitlist will make it in. In the past, they've usually taken half of those on the 'medium alternate'. This year's class does seem to be more competitive, however. But the class size was recently increased from 100 to 125. Good luck. I think your chances are fair to good.

P.S. You can just post on the Pre-Osteopathic forum or the Osteopathic forum. Everyone who reads one will read the other as well. Thus, there is no need to post twice.

- leo

Yes- I got in, and I was on the medium alternate list.
does someone on the medium alternate list at TUCOM stand a chance of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
dieselkid, when did you interview?

I interviewed at the beginning of Feb. FYI- I saw a post somewhere on this site that said they had expanded their class size from 100 to 125.
dieselkid, when did you interview?

Whoops- they talked about the class-size above. I've been surfing this site all afternoon, very informative.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by dieselkid:
I interviewed at the beginning of Feb. FYI- I saw a post somewhere on this site that said they had expanded their class size from 100 to 125.

thanks for your replies. Hope to see you @ TUCOM soon!

I remember seeing somewhere that TUCOM has an outstanding student/faculty ratio of something like 4:1. Is this before the class size increase I guess? Just confirming this.. that's all.

The increase in students was only from 110 to 125, not a big difference. The addition this year of a couple of faculty I'm sure make up the difference.

------------------
Jim

Yes- I got in, and I was on the medium alternate list.

dieselkid,
Just wondering how long did it take after you received your letter that you were on the alternate list that you received the letter that you were accepted, and what did you do in between time? (like send letter,ect...)
Thanks,
Anxiously waiting myself

I had my interview at the beginning of Feb. They got back to me about 2wks later and I was on the medium alternate list. I got my unconditional acceptence letter at the beginning of this month. Hope that helps.

-AB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Shell:
dieselkid,
Just wondering how long did it take after you received your letter that you were on the alternate list that you received the letter that you were accepted, and what did you do in between time? (like send letter,ect...)
Thanks,
Anxiously waiting myself

Sorry- As for what I did... nothing. I just sat on it...I was busy interviewing at other schools. I think sending them a letter, or calling couldn't hurt; be persistant, but not a pest. But, I would talk to your premed advisor/mentor about this, they might have a different opinion and/or better advice; this is unknown territory for me. Best of luck. -AB
I had my interview at the beginning of Feb. They got back to me about 2wks later and I was on the medium alternate list. I got my unconditional acceptence letter at the beginning of this month. Hope that helps.

-AB

Shosh,

You do have a chance! Don't give up hope! I interviewed in November. From what I remember, the Director told us that they usually interview those with strong credentials earlier in the year. In that respect, they then look at those candidates that have decent credentials but are on the borderline. So, my suggestion, would be to send them any updated information. For example, sending Fall 2000 transcripts, or writing them a letter explaining what you've been doing for the entire year. Let them know, this your first choice. Hope that helps a little. Good luck!