SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

TUCOM Waitlist

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by SG, May 28, 2001.

1. SG

SG

Hey everyone,

I am on the TUCOM medium alternate waitlist. I was wondering if anyone else on the medium list has been accepted yet? Any idea how large TUCOM waitlists are? Lastly, if we are accepted this late, how are we notified? Phone? Mail? Thanks for all your help.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. M00se

M00se Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 1, 1999
    FL
    They will call you. I think you have a good chance. They have a bigger class next year. Call and make sure they know you're interested.

moose :p

4. lillyam1

lillyam1 Junior Member

Dec 17, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    I'm in the same position you are on the waitlist. Unfortunately, I don't know anything more than you do. I'm sure you received the letter from Dr. Haight, but I'm hoping we will know more in June.

5. SG

SG

Hi lillyam1,

Good to hear from someone in the same boat. Yeah, I got the same letter from Dr. Haight...How long have you been on the waitlist?

SG

6. lillyam1

lillyam1 Junior Member

Dec 17, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    I interviewed at the end of January and was put on the waitlist a week later! I have emailed with Dr. Haight a little and he seems encouraging, but not specifically to my file. He generally thinks "we" have a good shot. Of course, one day I think, "wow, I'm probably going to med school this fall," and then the next moment I realize there is NO guarantee! What a fun way to live! Let me know your thoughts, it is great to know someone else in the same position.

7. SG

SG

Tell me about it. It is pretty difficult not knowing what I will be doing 3 months from now. Even though everyone says we have a 'good shot', what does that really mean? I wonder why they don't just tell us how many people are on the waitlist and how many slots are open. I really think that would help take the mystery out of it...

Btw. I interviewed very late (End of April)...

8. innerpower

innerpower Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2001
    Chino Hills
    I think they CALL when you're accepted.

They pull people out from the waitlist till very first week of Aug I think. As long as they have a spot open, they'll fill that vacancy.

Sometimes a student drops out at the very last moment for some reason, hence making an extra space for that one lucky student.

As someone mentioned b/f, keep emailing Dr. Haight and show your enthusiasm for the school. But don't over do it, if you know what i mean. ;)

Good luck to both of you!