1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

TUCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DO123, Aug 25, 2001.

1. DO123

DO123 Junior Member

Did anyone get a 2ndary from TUCOM? I guess they have a minimum of 3.0 gpa. Did anyone with a lower gpa manage to get a 2ndary? If you did get a 2ndary what were your stats? I have 2.87 and26 MCAT and nothing yet??
    Thanks..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Unfortunately, anyone with less than a 3.0 is automatically rejected. TUCOM does not send secondaries out to every single applicant. Some schools do this so they can collect secondary fees.

4. prolixless

prolixless Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm sorry to say, but Leotigers is pretty much correct about the 3.0 cutoff. However, I was told by the TUCOM dean that the school will consider "mitigating circumstances" if your GPA is below 3.0. In other words, you must have something outstanding and spectacular--and I reiterate 'spectacular'--in your background or academic history. These situations, however, are rare. Best of luck to you. And remember there are other DO schools that are as good as TUCOM and yet do not hold such a stringent GPA cutoff.

5. DO123

DO123 Junior Member

Touro looked like a great school but oh well..I haven't been rejected yet. Has anyone been rejected from Touro? If so is it b/c your science gpa was >3.0. If I do eventully get rejected how can I explain my circumstances? Don't they have my personal statement?

6. electra

electra SDN Moderator
    7+ Year Member

when I interviwed there last year, the director of admissions, Donald Haight, told our group that Touro mailed secondaries after people made the 3.0 GPA and 23 MCAT cut. You might email him and find out of there is any way you can get a secondary.

i enjoyed the day that I spent there....

electra

7. Denilson

Denilson Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ot my secondary last thursday from TUCOM

8. DO123

DO123 Junior Member

Does that mean TUCOM interviews most of the people who get secondaries? Anyone heard from UNECOM or KCOM?
    Thanks