Program-Specific Info / Q's tufts 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT fall '17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i heard back this past week, i think they sent out the first wave maybe?
is there anyone who goes there now or who has graduated from tufts?
i think i will likely attend

When did you send your application in?

Reactions: 1 user
My daughter just graduated from Tufts MSOT and is currently doing her first Fieldwork ll assignment. It was a good program. She even had the opportunity to study abroad in Oxford, UK, as well as a summer program in China. She would have graduated in May of last year, but needed one more class that she couldn't get overseas. So her last class was in December. She was able to stay on and travel around Europe. Six months total.

What, really?! I thought they don't let us know until the end of February.. I have a few questions.. Did you apply for the Doctorate or Masters? What is the deadline for you to submit the deposit? and when did you submit your apps?

I submitted mine in November, and I applied for the masters program. just sent them my updated transcripts earlier this week. I really wanna go here!

Also, at the location I shadowed at, 2 of the OTs graduated from Tufts in 2015. They only spoke positively of their time there, and the faculty they said were really great!

pre ot, i applied for the master's. they don't require a response until April! I applied in November. that's awesome to hear about your shadowing experience. i think the feel of the program is intimate, and the location is so nice too. is tufts your first choice?

Yes it is my first choice! I also visited the campus over winter break just to see the set up and what the area is like even though no students were around. Its beautiful! Tufts has an amazing skyline view of the city. This makes me anxious now, i really want to know! How did they inform you that a decision was made?

and congrats on the acceptance!! Also, do you mind posting your stats?

maybe we will be going to school together:)

they sent me an email that said a decision was made, and they linked to the application.

i dont want to post my stats but i got a's on the prereqs and i had a pretty strong gre.

do u know what setting u want to work in?

Ok, i'll be on the look out for that email! and I've always had a passion for peds, but after shadowing I realized that I'm also open to that changing throughout OT school. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted! Does anyone know roughly the cost to attend?

Reactions: 1 users
I also received an email today to log in and check my application status. When I logged in I had two letters to check, one was an acceptance letter and the other was for a merit scholarship.

I am most definitely leaning that way! I'm waiting to hear from one school that might compete with it, but honestly I think Tufts is the place for me :)

I also received an email today to log in and check my application status. When I logged in I had two letters to check, one was an acceptance letter and the other was for a merit scholarship.
Congratulations thats so exciting!! Hoping to hear back soon from them!

I was accepted today too! I'm going to visit next week but I may turn my spot down because I got into UW Madison and get instate tuition there.

I just got my acceptance letters today as well! So, so thrilled, and Tufts is without a doubt my first choice, but I need to do some serious thinking about finances and that sort of thing-why does living in Boston have to be so expensive?! I'll most likely end up attending though-excited about the possibility of being classmates with some of you!

Reactions: 2 users
My daughter just graduated from Tufts OT (doing Fieldwork now) and lived in a great 3 story house in Medford within walking distance to school. She had a spacious room on the 3rd floor. She paid $600 a month the first year, plus small share for utilities. The rent went up a little her last year, but still under $650. She had awesome house mates. And since she studied abroad for a semester, her landlord allowed her to sublet her room during that time.

yay congrats:) i have started to look around the area--its not cheap, but it is possible to find a decent place for 700/800 a month, so its not CRAZY (although it is certainly not cheap, obviously). congratulations!

I just got in and am very excited because I'm from Boston and really love Tufts program. Does anybody know what the total cost is for the 2 and half years before scholarship and financial aid? Do they have you pay for fieldwork as well or just semesters you are in classes?

I just got in and am very excited because I'm from Boston and really love Tufts program. Does anybody know what the total cost is for the 2 and half years before scholarship and financial aid? Do they have you pay for fieldwork as well or just semesters you are in classes?
I'm curious to know as well! It looks like about it's about ~50k for a school year (two semesters) if I recall correctly?

Pretty steep, but amazing program in a great city... just not sure if I'm ready to take on the cost!

Congrats! That's amazing :) Yeah tuition before scholarship is about 100k total for the program

No, you don't pay for Fieldwork.

Does anyone know if the scholarship is only given for the first year? Or do we get it both years?
From how I understood my scholarship letter, it is only guaranteed the first year. If we keep up a good academic standing, it will be granted for the second year as well. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

From how I understood my scholarship letter, it is only guaranteed the first year. If we keep up a good academic standing, it will be granted for the second year as well. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Unless they changed it, the scholarship covers both years. In fact, my daughter even got an increase her second year. I'm not sure about academic standing, but then she met that criteria.

I went on a tour today and asked you get it both years unless you don't maintain your academic standing in the program.

You interpreted it correctly! That would make me feel a little less guilty about choosing to go there haha. Do you think you'll attend?
I'm not sure! I interviewed at BU today and I'll be walking around Tufts tomorrow. I've also been accepted to Washington university in St. Louis so there's definitely a tough decision ahead.

Just heard back from Tufts. I didn't get in :/

I decided to accept Tufts offer! It was my favorite of the schools I applied to and they are giving me a large amount of scholarship. I asked the department and they said the scholarship I received is for the 2 years of the program as long as I maintain good academic standing. Although the cost of the program is high to begin with, the scholarship actually made it the cheapest option so I lucked out!

Such a bummer :( any luck from MGH or the others you applied to? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Unfortunately, I didn't get into MGH either. I've only been accepted to UNE, but its better than nothing!

I am almost sure that I will be declining my spot in their program. Waiting to officially decide after the Accepts Reception.

I also got accepted at Tufts!! I heard back in January...definitely considering it.

Waitlisted! I thought Tufts might be a stretch school for me so I'm ok with the waitlist. Feeling hopeful but trying not to be too hopeful is a strange feeling!!

For those who are definitely going to Tufts, are you guys thinking of getting on-campus housing or searching for an apartment?

Last edited:
I'm planning on doing off campus apartment or potentially living at home for a year to save some money. I heard from a current student that it's smart to take a summer class or two because the first semester can be stressful if you don't. She told me she regretted not doing it last summer, but she is signed up for a summer class this year. Just thought I would suggest this to people, since I just found this out and it's useful information!

I'm planning on doing off campus apartment or potentially living at home for a year to save some money. I heard from a current student that it's smart to take a summer class or two because the first semester can be stressful if you don't. She told me she regretted not doing it last summer, but she is signed up for a summer class this year. Just thought I would suggest this to people, since I just found this out and it's useful information!
Good to know, thank you! Unfortunately, I'm international so I won't arrive in Boston till August but I will definitely consider taking some summer classes next year.

Good to know, thank you! Unfortunately, I'm international so I won't arrive in Boston till August but I will definitely consider taking some summer classes next year.
looking forward to meeting u in the fall and have a great summer!

Just paid my deposit for Tufts! Can't wait to see you all next Fall!

Waitlisted! I thought Tufts might be a stretch school for me so I'm ok with the waitlist. Feeling hopeful but trying not to be too hopeful is a strange feeling!!
I just gave up my spot today, so hopefully you hear something good soon! Good luck :)