Tufts - Active Consideration/Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hlam84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've recieve a letter from tufts basically sayin that they can't decide right now and will reach a decision in the future (active consideration). So im wonder is this status better than being on the Waitlist or worst? Thanks for any opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry i can't answer your question...but did you get it as snail mail or e-mail? i haven't heard anything and am curious to know
thanks

when did you guys interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interview on Dec 12 and i got the letter via both snail and email. The letter is dated Dec 28

I interview on Dec 12 and i got the letter via both snail and email. The letter is dated Dec 28

I interviewed on 12/12 as well. I never got an e-mail but received the letter via snail mail.

I don't think Tufts establishes an official waitlist until they are finished interviewing. It seems as if they put the majority of the people who are not accepted right away into the active consideration group which they re-review when the adcom meets. I am not aware of anyone moving off the active consideration list to acceptance yet however, so I am hoping that will happen soon. I think they send out information about waitlists in April or May (per last years threads).