SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

tufts...and sending printed versions of AMCAS!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chopsuey, Aug 26, 2002.

1. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent 7+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2002
    good question.... ;)
    ok...so my tufts secondary was just returned to me because i didn't send them a printed copy of AMCAS (oops....didn't know i was supposed to!). anyway, i printed out a copy, but my question is what i should do about the part listing all of the schools i'm applying to. there is information on the same page regarding coursework and the "Other Certification Information." Should I just cover it up, xerox it and send it out? What did you guys do that sent this?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Explosivo

Explosivo blah! 7+ Year Member

Do not send them the list of schools you are applying to. They have no right to see the list and cannot require you to send them in. I believe at some time in in April or March schools are allowed to see where all applicants have applied but certainly not before then.

4. chopsuey

Jun 13, 2002
    good question.... ;)
    right...i was never going to send the list...but what should i do about that page now???

5. JumboFool

JumboFool Fantasy Baseball Addict 10+ Year Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Red Sox Nation
    I sent off the secondary this morning.

I covered up the bottom half of the page and just xeroxed it, as you mentioned. Worked beautifully.

6. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best! 10+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I printed it out by using the print "selection" option under the "print..." option under "menu" I selected everything above the Designated Schools and printed and then selected everything below Designated Schools and then printed. That way I would not have to go out of the house to make a photocopy.

BTW, where does Tufts mention that they want a copy of the AMCAS? I don't see it anywhere. I was about to send it out today until I read this and I got a new envelope to put the secondary and the AMCAS in it just in case.

7. chopsuey

Jun 13, 2002
    good question.... ;)
    ooh...good idea, solid snake! does that leave a big white space like the xeroxing method or no??

anyway, i don't know where it says that, but apparently it does somewhere. on the website, probably.

glad to help ya out!

8. xaelia

xaelia neenlet Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Aug 17, 2002
    PDX
    MDApps:
    Heh, yeah, I missed the AMCAS printed copy request...along with the JHU request for an MCAT score report and unofficial transcripts. I guess when you do 41 schools you miss some details....

9. JumboFool

JumboFool Fantasy Baseball Addict 10+ Year Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Red Sox Nation
    yep, it's on the website.

"Please print out a copy of your AMCAS Online Application and include it with your Secondary Application. (We do not need or want the page that displays the list of schools to which you have applied. Delete this page if you wish). "

10. Tweetie_bird

Tweetie_bird 7+ Year Member

Nov 20, 2001
    are you "school blocker guys" :D also doing the same thing for Tulane?? Tulane asks for our AMCAS printed copy, and I have my list of schools included in there. Should I not do it?

11. chopsuey

Jun 13, 2002
    good question.... ;)
    wait....where is the menu option???

12. nero

nero Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Florida
    wow, 41 secondaries......i thought my 25 was high........

nero

13. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best! 10+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Opps, not the "menu" option, it should be under the "file" menu.

I'm doing 31 schools and I want to add more.