Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Tufts and Temple U. interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by fierycosi, Sep 1, 2001.

1. fierycosi

fierycosi Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi everyone, I posted a note on the dental site and not the pre-dental. I'm hoping to get more info. regarding my specific questions. I am invited to attend interviews at Tufts on Sept. 18 and then Temple on Sept. 24. Tufts will be my very first interview so I am wondering if people that were interviewed by any of these two schools can help me out with hints/ advice, what to do, what not to do. My PAT score was kinda low, so if anyone can give me help on how to handle a question regarding low test scores or grades I would really appreciate it. Thanks. :rolleyes:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

Its good that your first interview is at Tufts, they are very laid back at that school. It was probably my easiest interview, the interviewer didnt even ask me any questions related to why dentistry, scores, GPA etc. we spent most of the time talking about the city, my family, just life in general. Also, he just asked me if I have any questoins I would like to ask him, and we spent some time on that, and that was it.
    I went to Temple afterwards, you have to write an essay - usually very straight forward. The interview is a group format, I applied really late in the cycle so we had only 2 people in my group. I think usually they have about 6 or 7, but I'm not sure. Again here we mainly focused on asking questions rather than them asking us questions.
    Both are really good schools and do a good job selling their schools.

4. fierycosi

fierycosi Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you very much for your help, Goatboy. We're going to have to write an essay before the interview about ourselves at Temple U.? Can you give some good questions that I can ask the schools, questions that are not specific to the school's programs/activities?