Tufts anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EcoRI

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called today to schedule my interview at Tufts and they gave me the option of interviewing next week on the 25th. I would have liked some more time to mentally prepare myself but I took it anyway.
Has anyone interviewed at Tufts? Any feedback would be appreciated. Their interview sounds pretty challenging. Here is a paragraph from the interview invite:

Your visit to Tufts will consist of presentations on the admissions process, financial aid, and curriculum, a tour of the facilities, lunch with current students and faculty member, and a formal interview. A faculty member or member or the Admissions staff will conduct the interview. The goal of the interview is to establish a dialogue through which you will demonstrate your communication skills, public speaking ability, and your motivation for a career in dentistry and in a health profession. While the interviewer will be "blinded" to your academic profile (he or she will not have access to your transcripts, DAT scores, or letters of recommendation), you should anticipate challenging questions. Your responses will provide the committee with a more informed understanding of your skills and motivations.

Members don't see this ad.

That doesn't sound very challenging at all --don't be intimidated by it. Basically, that is the purpose of every interview, and all interviews act upon that foundation (with the exception of being blind).

They'll ask questions, you'll respond, they'll gauge your response not directly on whether it is correct or not (most questions don't have correct answers), but on your ability to articulate your thoughts, and how you logically arrived at your thoughts. If the questions are regarding dentistry, they will also expect you to demonstrate a knowledge of the profession in your response.

Don't sweat it because you'll do great! Congrats on the interview!

You're right. Any good interview will consist of a good dialogue between you and the interviewer. Now that I think about it, a blind interview might be better....Leaves more about yourself to discuss. I just get worried because sometimes when I'm nervous I say the wrong pickles...I mean words.
Thanks for your bode of confidence. I'll give some feedback next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey ecori,

when did tufts first contact you about the interview. I still have yet to hear from them since I paid the app fee.

My interview invite was in the mail this past Wed.