Tufts/Boston U/U of Minnesota?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothmaster

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the reputations of the following schools? Tufts, Boston U, U of Minnesota
Where would you go if you could choose, and why? Thanks you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
Jason

Members don't see this ad.

Tufts has a better reputation than BU. I was accepted to both and picked TUFTS. But BU was a great school too.
Originally posted by Toothmaster:
What are the reputations of the following schools? Tufts, Boston U, U of Minnesota
Where would you go if you could choose, and why? Thanks you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
Jason

I hate to be negative, but I feel I need to share some information I have regarding Tufts since you're asking for advice. There are always pros and cons to decisions, so let me share what I've heard with you and you can use it/ditch it as you wish.

My Father is a dentist and has several good dentist friends whose children went to Tufts Dental School (at least three separate cases) where they had to do an extra year at Tufts because there were not enough patients in the clinic for them to get enough credits to graduate. Thus, they had to do 5 years in dental school, not just the regular 4 (ie. more time, maybe more money- not sure about that part). I did not apply to Tufts as a result, but have been offered an interview at BU. Just wanted to share with you what I know of the school, as if I were in your shoes, I'd want to know all I could before making this important decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gracias!! Negative info is good, as i prefer to make informed decisions
smile.gif

I too have had family/friends that went to Tufts. But I've never heard of any problems with students not getting enough cases/patients. Unfortunately, however, I do believe that no matter where you go to school, you would have to pay for the additional year if you needed to take one.