Tufts c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol thanks. On the bright side the rest of you have hope. I took one for the team. They mentioned they have waitlist interviews to go out, and rejections. But that they aren't meeting anymore. Aka they have made their decisions about everyone allready.
Do you know if they're going to send more interview invitations (not the waitlist)?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if they're going to send more interview invitations (not the waitlist)?
Yes it said more interviews too. More specifically they said "interviews and waitlist invitations " so im assuming the waitlist is anyone who interviewed but didn't get in right away, and the interviews they have left are from their waitlist interview list that they never sent out (let's say someone turned down an interview ) .

Reactions: 2 users
I know we're all stressed as hell but has anyone heard anything? I'm assuming rejection because of my lack of experience but I just want to start planning my year at this point (and start my application again lol)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know we're all stressed as hell but has anyone heard anything? I'm assuming rejection because of my lack of experience but I just want to start planning my year at this point (and start my application again lol)
Nothing. So I just opening up my application today lol

Just got my OOS rejection email and portal update but thats ok bc im going to go to CSU next fall good luck everyone!!

OOS rejection email, which is what I expected! Happy I have another acceptance else where. Good luck to everyone who got an interview!

OOS rejected update in the portal :( hopefully I get pulled from the waitlist from my last school. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS rejection :( congratulations to those who got an interview!

Glad I started the application today. I was not selected. Have fun at school everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Interview waitlist!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS rejection, I applied to 9 schools, have been rejected from 6, interview at 1, waitlist at 1, waiting to hear from 1. starting to feel like a loser:(

• Care
OOS rejection, I applied to 9 schools, have been rejected from 6, interview at 1, waitlist at 1, waiting to hear from 1. starting to feel like a loser:(
I applied to 20. So far I’m at 6 interviews, 8 rejections, 1 waitlist, and still a few to hear from if that helps.

I applied to 20. So far I’m at 6 interviews, 8 rejections, 1 waitlist, and still a few to hear from if that helps.
And last year I applied to 5 and got one interview which ended up being a waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
dang that's a lot of schools, here's to hoping you get in!!

Interview Waitlist! What do we know about the odds of actually getting an interview if waitlisted like this?

dang that's a lot of schools, here's to hoping you get in!!
Thankfully I’ve been accepted to Midwestern and Ross (following interviews at both). But seriously sometimes getting to the interview stage is luck of the draw.

Interview Waitlist! What do we know about the odds of actually getting an interview if waitlisted like this?
I’m not sure, but I’m really hoping we both end up with interviews!

OOS Rejection. 8th rejection, no interviews or acceptances elsewhere. Really sucks :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Got the official rejection as well . Sorry guys. I hope those of you still waiting for other schools hear good news ! And if not just keep at it. Get more experience, volunteer, and try again.

I only applied to 3 schools, 1 waitlist, 1 acceptance , 1 rejection. Guess one of each. 🤣

I know it's easier said than done but acceptance/rejection does not equate to your self-worth. You may get 19 rejections but 1 acceptance - you just need that one acceptance. Schools get so many applications each cycle and so many qualified candidates with extremely limited seats to place them. It doesn't mean that you wouldn't be an amazing vet or that you will never be able to get into vet school. Getting feedback from schools about your application and what you can improve for the future is extremely helpful and allows you to better your application so you can demonstrate how strong of a candidate you are in a future cycle. There's also the WAMC thread on this forum to get feedback on your application stats and maybe figure out which schools would be best to apply to with your stats (some schools weigh last 45 credit GPA more than overall GPA, etc).

I took a gap year before starting vet school. Personally, I found doing so extremely helpful and made me more prepared and able to handle vet school. I worked full time at an ER during this time which allowed me to see a lot of varied cases that I'm now learning about in class. And I'm happy that I always have somewhere I can work when I'm on break which would have been more difficult if I hadn't gotten that time to create a relationship with my hospital.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Phew * wipes sweat from brows * 😅
I'm always a little scared someone is secretly reading this and putting pieces together like "yup thats applicants 736 Allright, boy is she in trouble , did you read what she said ???" LOL.

Also I would really love to hear from any very non traditional applicants on how they filled in their "gap" years since I was somewhat insulted with my use of the time. 🥲 not for any real reason just out of shear curiousty as to what most people do with their life lol
I think that fear is healthy...

as for how I filled my gap years...I worked in a camera store, then for a venture capital company, then Jenny Craig, then I nannied, tele-fundraised, waitressed, worked animal hospitals. Took care of an ailing guardian until she died, then my biological mother until she died. Then moved back to MA. Worked more hospitals, more waitressing, got married, took care of his grandmother as she ailed/died, tried to go back to school full time and work full time--did poorly. Worked as a working student/groom at a competitive dressage barn. More animal hospitals, interned in a wild life center. Had gastric by pass, had 2 kids. Lived on an antique farm, worked in another dressage barn. Started a photography business. Supported my spouse through a major mental health and substance issue crisis, managed a child with developmental issues and one with learning issues...went back to school in order to find a path to independence and freedom. And here I am lol

activities included volleyball in local leagues, participating in fundraiser activities for causes close to people I care about--Project Bread's Walk for Hunger, The Pan-Can Walk to support Pancreatic Cancer research, The Survivor Theatre Project for people who have survived sexual abuse or assault (this was close to my heart because it's apart of my own story).

Honestly, a lot of the time was just spent surviving. I had no family to help me I lived below the poverty line a lot of that time and at one point was collecting people's recycling to redeem for cash to feed myself.

My GPAs aren't super...my undergrad was decent but it took me a long time to learn about setting boundaries and prioritizing what I needed to do to succeed in science classes. So everything after undergrad was crappy and dragged my gpas down. I started in on Post-bacc premed classes in 2019 and my gpa for that is like a 3.91. It's been a lot with 2 kids at home and them having remote learning etc...

I know this didn't play out the way you hoped, but I am really glad you have acceptances/waitlist options to work with. You'll be great where ever you decide to go.

Basically I have a crap ton of life experience lol and about 10,000 hours of work experience. No research experience.

Reactions: 4 users
I also have an OOS rejection. Good luck to anyone who received an interview! And congrats to everyone who got accepted somewhere =) See everyone else next year =D

OOS rejection, but honestly? I'm relieved. I wasn't happy with my application, I wasn't happy with the kind of person I presented, and I really don't think I was ready. I'm looking forward to talking with Tufts in March to get some feedback, and then I'm hopefully going to work for a clinic in my gap year. I'll be back and better than ever for the 2022 application. Congrats to all of you who got acceptances somewhere!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS rejection, which I was kind of expecting. Good luck to the rest of you all!

Financial aid: Did anyone else have trouble with requesting their tax return transcript online? for some reason it rejects my phone number as a valid verification method, and so I have to request it by mail and I am deeply afraid it will not arrive in time for next Monday...

• Care
Hey all, is anyone attending the Q&A session tonight? Or if you've already been to one, what are they like?

Hey all, is anyone attending the Q&A session tonight? Or if you've already been to one, what are they like?
I went to the first one!! It’s super laid back. Ford is there with 4 current students (1 from each year) and they just talk about their experience and answer questions that people ask in the chat. I might go to the one tonight too because it’ll be a different panel of students than last time so there will be different perspectives. It’s really chill, you don’t have to have your camera on but it’s encouraged if you’re comfortable!

for those going to the q+a tonight, I'll be there on the student panel! there will be 5 students there tonight as well. looking forward to meeting you all :) (also feel free to send me any questions through here if you don't want/aren't able to ask tonight)

• Love
for those going to the q+a tonight, I'll be there on the student panel! there will be 5 students there tonight as well. looking forward to meeting you all :) (also feel free to send me any questions through here if you don't want/aren't able to ask tonight)
Looking forward to it!

Hey for those of you with interviews, we should hear our admissions decisions February 19th.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I waited 8 years for that zoom call. I know it's going to be what it's going to be..but the nerves!

• Care
Good luck! I'm sure you did amazing =)
Weeelll....my 7 yo came in twice bawling her head off which set our dog off on a barking tangent...sooo I was a little scattered/rambly after that lol the best I can hope for is that they've realized I don't freak out under pressure lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hey for those of you with interviews, we should hear our admissions decisions February 19th.
Hey, do you mind me asking how you know that? Did someone from admissions give you that info?

I waited 8 years for that zoom call. I know it's going to be what it's going to be..but the nerves!
I know the feeling! I've been working towards vet school for nearly a decade, too. It feels like all that build-up makes this process all the more nerve-wracking. My nerves are fried at this point. Hope it went well and best of luck! I'm sure they won't hold any interruptions against you-- and I bet the presence of your kids/dog made you memorable :)

I know the feeling! I've been working towards vet school for nearly a decade, too. It feels like all that build-up makes this process all the more nerve-wracking. My nerves are fried at this point. Hope it went well and best of luck! I'm sure they won't hold any interruptions against you-- and I bet the presence of your kids/dog made you memorable :)
Yeah, I decided I wanted this 22 years ago, started trying to put together classes 13 years ago, started in earnest on classes 2 years ago...annnnnd here we are. I applied to Tufts to get a sense of the process in 2013. So here we are. 8 years later. I know this is my path. I just hope they know it too! :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, I decided I wanted this 22 years ago, started trying to put together classes 13 years ago, started in earnest on classes 2 years ago...annnnnd here we are. I applied to Tufts to get a sense of the process in 2013. So here we are. 8 years later. I know this is my path. I just hope they know it too! :)
That's awesome-- I love hearing about non-traditional routes to vet school. Very inspiring and makes me feel less alone :) big congrats on getting to this point! Wishing you luck!

That's awesome-- I love hearing about non-traditional routes to vet school. Very inspiring and makes me feel less alone :) big congrats on getting to this point! Wishing you luck!
Thank you so much :) and to you!!

for those who have interviewed/been accepted or rejected, how long after your interview did you hear back?

for those who have interviewed/been accepted or rejected, how long after your interview did you hear back?
The first round folks heard right around Christmas. I interviewed 1/25 and was told it would be about a month to hear. Someone else mentioned hearing 2/19 as a hear back date.

Last edited:
Usually the first round of interviews (December) hear back right away while everyone else hears back on a certain day in Feb - an email to check your portal for your application status. We heard back Feb 27th last year. I'm not sure if they are changing anything this year though.

Weeelll....my 7 yo came in twice bawling her head off which set our dog off on a barking tangent...sooo I was a little scattered/rambly after that lol the best I can hope for is that they've realized I don't freak out under pressure lol
I'm sure they understand because that sounds stressful haha.

So I just submitted my FAFSA but it said it’ll take 2-3 days to process.. financial aid is due by feb 1 so do you guys think it goes by submit date or am I in trouble?

So I just submitted my FAFSA but it said it’ll take 2-3 days to process.. financial aid is due by feb 1 so do you guys think it goes by submit date or am I in trouble?
I’d follow up with an email to the financial aid office to cover your tush. The video said to ensure you did it at least a few days in advance to allow for it. Fingers crossed it will be fine!