Tufts c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had the same experience, it was a very low stress interview!
Fingers crossed we both get acceptance emails before Christmas! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have a general idea of when more interviews will be sent out around?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully next week, I know last year they sent out a round on NYE!
Decisions come back for those that interviewed in December and then the next wave of interviews goes out (usually between Christmas and New Years!!)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS Acceptance!!!!!!! The letter was so nice! What an incredible Christmas Eve surprise :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS ACCEPTED!!!! SOOOOOO PUMPED! Good luck to everyone still awaiting interviews!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! Still hoping for an interview invite🥵

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone who was accepted today mind sharing their stats? Like GPA, # experience hours, etc.

Does anyone who was accepted today mind sharing their stats? Like GPA, # experience hours, etc.
GPA: cumulative 3.88, don’t know science and last 45 off the top of my head but they were above 3.8 too.
Hours: Something like 400 animal hours (worked at a dog park and volunteered at a small animal rescue)
802 vet hours. small animal, exotic, wildlife and poultry

my undergrad major is avian biology and i used my essays to talk about how i plan on becoming a poultry vet!

I had a 3.93 undergrad, and am currently finishing my Masters with a 3.95. I had about 1000 direct hours of veterinary experience, and a few hundred more of animal experience. I didn’t have incredibly diverse veterinary experiences so it was good to see that it wasn’t an issue with Tufts.

For me, 3.95 cumulative GPA, 4.0 Science GPA, and 4.0 last 45 GPA. I have about 1000 vet hours, 1000 animal hours, 500 research hours (I think). Good luck to everyone!!

Cumulative GPA: 3.87, Science GPA: 3.82, Last 45 GPA: 3.92, 1000 vet hours (SA clinic & LA study abroad program ), 170 animal hours (shelters, stables, farms), & 500 research hours! I graduated with a degree in biology and was really involved in nonveterinary extracurriculars and clubs.
Good luck :giggle:

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Does anyone know if Tufts does interviews on a particular day of the week or are the interview dates random?

Congratulations to everyone accepted!!

Just as a reminder, there is usually a mega-thread for accepted students to post their stats! :)

It's really helpful for pre-vets who are hoping to see actual examples of the profiles of students who gained acceptance to all the schools they're applying to. Please consider cross-posting there!

Reactions: 6 users
Do we know that the next wave will be sent between Christmas and New Years or are we all just guessing?

Do we know that the next wave will be sent between Christmas and New Years or are we all just guessing?
That guess is based on previous threads and comments from other students who received interviews at that time--the APVMA fb group has a few students who mentioned getting an invite NYE.

Does Tufts currently require a specific computer for students? Can a tablet be used instead?

Does Tufts currently require a specific computer for students? Can a tablet be used instead?

There's no specific computer requirement, but we take exams on ExamSoft/Examplify, which has its own software requirements in order to download and run it. You can always rent a laptop from the school to take the exams on if you need.

I personally use a tablet for lectures/notes and have a cheap laptop that I use for exams and other school related things.

Reactions: 3 users
There's no specific computer requirement, but we take exams on ExamSoft/Examplify, which has its own software requirements in order to download and run it. You can always rent a laptop from the school to take the exams on if you need.

I personally use a tablet for lectures/notes and have a cheap laptop that I use for exams and other school related things.
Do you know a lot of people that use iPads/Apple Pencils to take notes directly on PowerPoint slides? I've heard that that is common?

Do you know a lot of people that use iPads/Apple Pencils to take notes directly on PowerPoint slides? I've heard that that is common?
I know a few people who do. Personally, I don’t except for Anatomy lectures because of the visual aspects of the course. It’s whatever you prefer and can be class dependent - ie writing handwritten notes for one class but typing for another. In general, I type a lot faster than I can write. Vet school studying is a lot of trial and error.

I do love Noteability (an app that lets you upload slides/PDFs) for studying purposes since I’m able to test myself - write out all of the Biochem reactions or the nerve innervations/actions for all of the muscles without wasting too many white board markers or paper.

Yep! I personally use an iPad Pro, apple pencil, and notability and keep all my PowerPoints in the app plus I make study guides on notability. Everyone has their own system though. I always recommend trying out a bunch of different things and being flexible with your study habits. Like Wondering said, it's a lot of trial and error especially first year.

Reactions: 4 users
I have a regular iPad (not a Pro or Air) with the Apple Pencil and Notability as well. Also echoing Wondering and Dinashadow - I just finished my first semester and it took me basically that whole time to figure out what worked best for me. So definitely don't feel discouraged if you try a few things and they still aren't working! I think I went through like four or five different study methods. Also important to say studying can vary based on class - I do anatomy studying a little differently than physio.

I'm about to graduate and I still don't have a good method for taking class notes. Some of mine are on paper, some are on my computer in google docs (with helpful table of contents for the notes that are >100 pages in length), some in powerpoints, some on whiteboards that I have stored as pictures... you'll figure it out even if you never find one single method haha.

I enjoy certain things about each format, but I will say that paper is kinda nice in clinics. A lot of clinicians will not let you look your computer/phone during rounds (or at least, they will judge you hard if you choose to do it). For some rotations, I've ripped out notebook pages with some of the more dense one-sheeter type notes from lectures/test prep and carry those on my clipboard. Referencing physical notes is usually a-ok.

Also works if you print out your own spreadsheets and stuff, but I'm not organized enough for that.

Reactions: 5 users
For those already accepted, anyone for sure going to go??

For those already accepted, anyone for sure going to go??
I’m still waiting to see if I end up with any potentially cheaper options as Tufts is OOS for me

This financial aid application from Tuft's due in Feb is hefty, especially since I haven't even gotten an interview offer yet:confused:

This financial aid application from Tuft's due in Feb is hefty, especially since I haven't even gotten an interview offer yet:confused:
I know, I hope they send out the next batch of interview invites soon

yes but on the upside, you can send the FAFSA stuff to everywhere you've applied all at once...next batch in theory should go out this week since last year they went out NYE.

Alright Patty, it's after the New Year... :lol:
I'm dying to hear back from them regarding an interview invite!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Alright Patty, it's after the New Year... :lol:
I'm dying to hear back from them regarding an interview invite!
Same... I sent in my last letter of recommendation late so I'm just waiting to hear from them for the next round!!

did anyone get the second round interview invitation?

i emailed patty with a question about sending transcripts and she said that the next round of interview invites, places on the waitlist to interview, and denial notices “will begin going out over the course of the next 2-3 weeks.”

Reactions: 4 users
i emailed patty with a question about sending transcripts and she said that the next round of interview invites, places on the waitlist to interview, and denial notices “will begin going out over the course of the next 2-3 weeks.”
Thank you for this update, greatly appreciated!

that's the most painful thing I've heard this week so far lol siiigh

literally exactly what she told me too

Haven't gotten anything yet - I'm panic stricken. Literally spent the last 24 hours on this forum to hear some scrap of news... Its already the 10th for crying out loud. I get emails from ROSS on a daily basis just promoting their program and I didn't even apply there! They're the only school that has it together I feel like.

I also checked the portal- nothing. I did read somewhere on this forum that they are doing the 2nd wave of interview invites coming up very soon - Keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone is like me who is still waiting to hear SOMETHING please let me know! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Haven't gotten anything yet - I'm panic stricken. Literally spent the last 24 hours on this forum to hear some scrap of news... Its already the 10th for crying out loud. I get emails from ROSS on a daily basis just promoting their program and I didn't even apply there! They're the only school that has it together I feel like.

I also checked the portal- nothing. I did read somewhere on this forum that they are doing the 2nd wave of interview invites coming up very soon - Keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone is like me who is still waiting to hear SOMETHING please let me know! Good luck everyone!
Same girl, same. It's funny that you mention the Ross emails because I also didn't apply and have been getting them haha
I really want to know if I have a chance at getting an interview at Tuft's because if not, I need to make plans with my job for next year and give them a heads up that I'll be staying an additional year while applying for the next cycle.