Tufts Class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

Katie

Anyone else out there who will be at Tufts this fall? If so, where are you living and are you looking for a roommate?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi katie,

I will be in the class of 2005 as well! I have been searching for apartments a little further away from the school, just because I personally don't like that area. I plan on taking the "T" (subway) in every morning and living with a few non Tufts students, but it hasn't been finalized yet. How about you?

I went to Tufts undergrad, so I know the area a little. Let me know if you have any questions.

Neel

Hey guys,
I just got an acceptance this morning :D. My sister goes to school in Cambridge and the consensus seems to be that Boston and its suburbs are really expensive. :eek: I heard that Tufts offers student housing but it's very limited? Is that true? Also it seems like commuting with the T can be tough depending on where you live.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guardian,

It's no rumor, Boston is beaucoup bucks. Tufts does have limited housing, but it is merely a dorm room, much like, your freshman year in college. It contains nothing more than a bed, desk, and chair, and costs something like 6,000 per year, if not more.

My recommendation is to find people to live with and get a nice place together.

Neel

Hey Katie, nmehta, guardian...I guess we're all going to be classmates. this is really cool. I'm still in the apartment hunt as well. I'm going up to Boston on Friday (i'm from Illinois) and I will be there until Wednesday. If you guys want to talk about housing/roommates, please e-mail me. I would like to live with other students as well. I currently am working on a few "leads" but it's hard to commit to living with any one person, without really knowing anyone at all! Good luck on the HUNT and congrats on getting into Tufts. I sat around in angst until I got accepted earlier in the month. Getting in was the best feeling. Now i'm a little scared...
Audrey
(o yeah, my e-mail is
[email protected])

nmehta:

I thought you were going to UNECOM?

Together

Together,

Nope. I turned down my acceptance three weeks ago, and chose to go to Meharry. Then I was accepted to Tufts last week, so I am headed there now...I guess I am going to be a "double jumbo" (Jumbo the elephant is Tufts mascot, and when you go through 2 of the Tufts schools, you become a "double jumbo").

Everyone else, what do you have in mind for budgets on monthly rent. I am interviewing for a spot in a house, but if I don't get it, I would love to get a place together. I used to be from Boston, and depending on where we live, a three to four bedroom can be had for 550 and upwards per person.
Neel

thanks for replying everyone and congrats guardian! I called Tufts about the student housing available in the dorm and they said the dorm is full and there is a waiting list. To get on the waiting list you have to send them a refundable $315 deposit. I decided I'd better find outside housing since there's no guarentee that I'd get a space in the dorm. I'm hoping to get an apartment or group house with several roommates close to school or at least easily accessible to public transportation since I won't have a car up in Boston. Anyway, I'll e-mail some of you in a bit about housing. congrats to everyone and see you in the fall!
--Kate

thanks for replying everyone and congrats guardian! I called Tufts about the student housing available in the dorm and they said the dorm is full and there is a waiting list. To get on the waiting list you have to send them a refundable $315 deposit. I decided I'd better find outside housing since there's no guarentee that I'd get a space in the dorm. I'm hoping to get an apartment or group house with several roommates close to school or at least easily accessible to public transportation since I won't have a car up in Boston. Anyway, I'll e-mail some of you in a bit about housing. congrats to everyone and see you in the fall!
--Kate

Ok, who here is looking for housing?

Myself, Katie, Audrey...how about you guardian?

Maybe we should pool together and get a SDN based house!

Neel
email me at [email protected]

Hi guys:

I'm in if you want to get an apartment together. I'm entering the M.A. in Biomedical Sciences program at the Boston University School of Medicine and am very interested in sharing an apartment with medically-minded people! Let me know!

Together

Katie,

I haven't been on this website much lately, but I've followed your interview and waitlist saga over the months. I just want to give you a big CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance to Tufts! It's a great school, and you must be relieved to finally know where you'll be heading and what you'll be doing in the fall. Congrats again and good luck!

Hey guys,
I don't think I'll be heading to Tufts. Which is too bad since all you guys seem to be really nice people. Good luck guys! :)

Guardian,

I am sorry to hear that, but I am glad things have worked out for you. Best of luck to you!

Neel

Hey guys,

I went to Boston this past week and managed to get a place in the dorm. It's not ideal, but seems like the cheapest option possible, plus it is really close to school and I already have been in contact with someone else who will be living there. Anyway, good luck at Downstate guardian; I'm happy to be going to Tufts but state schools still are the best option in my humble opinion. I personally am still pissed off at my state school for oversubscribing the class while maintaining a long waitlist, but that's another story altogether. Looking forward to seeing you all at orientation!

Hey Neel and Katie,
Thanks for your thoughts. Good luck guys! :)

hey nmehta, do you know someone named preeti, who graduated from Tufts undergrad this year?

hmm, I think i do...preeti singh? is that the person you are referring to?