Tufts Clinical Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddb191

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Tufts has a lot of clinical affiliates, but I am wondering if it is possible to choose to do all of your rotations at one. For example, if i want to to all of my required and elective rotations at Baystate in Springfield, could I do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you try calling student affairs, as you're not guaranteed that the answers you get here will be 100% accurate.

I interviewed at Tufts in Oct and am currently wait listed, but they did cover this at the school on interview day. A pseudo-lottery is done to find out where one will do their rotations. Baystate was the ONLY location where a student may do their entire third year.

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.tufts.edu/med/clinicalaffiliates/teachinghospitals/index.html

It seems that Baystate is indeed the only clinical affiliate that gives MS III's the option of completing the entire third year in one location. I'm surprised that NEMC doesn't have that option as well.

Baystate's an awesome hospital though.

yep! baystate is the only clinical affiliate where you can be guaranteed an entire year 3rd year. you can try your luck in the lottery and get everything at one hospital near boston....all nemc shouldn't be too hard to get in the lottery, and you can theoretically get all of your rotations at newton-wellesley, if i remember correctly.

in truth, you'll probably want to do your rotations in different hospitals....mostly for the change of scenery, but also because you need to get used to different protocols. every hospital is different, and i feel as though there's some benefit to being a chameleon.