Tufts December decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heeseop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just thought i'd let you guys know that the admissions committee is meeting on 12/19/06 (instead of the end of the month) due to the holidays coming up.
we might hear back shortly after that but definitely by the 2nd week of january. good luck to us!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

anybody hear anything from tufts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am the ultimate thread killer! Almost always the last to post. I guess the things I say are too rediculous... :confused:

I am the ultimate thread killer! Almost always the last to post. I guess the things I say are too rediculous... :confused:

Maybe they will wait until Jan. to contact people about acceptances. According to the Wall of Fame, the calls have come on 11/1 and 12/2. It would only be fair to have the December people wait until 1/2...

just a thought

Maybe they will wait until Jan. to contact people about acceptances. According to the Wall of Fame, the calls have come on 11/1 and 12/2. It would only be fair to have the December people wait until 1/2...

just a thought

one of the admissions committee at the interview said they will be on the 19th instead of the usual 30th or 31st cuz of the holidays. so they said there's a chance of hearing back shortly after 19th..i hope..

one of the admissions committee at the interview said they will be on the 19th instead of the usual 30th or 31st cuz of the holidays. so they said there's a chance of hearing back shortly after 19th..i hope..

wow, good luck to you guys. i hope you hear some good news soon. i hate waiting to hear about a decision when i know a decision has been made..i'd rather not know a decision has been made and just wait. :luck:

wow, good luck to you guys. i hope you hear some good news soon. i hate waiting to hear about a decision when i know a decision has been made..i'd rather not know a decision has been made and just wait. :luck:

me too...this sucks. if no one hears from them by tonight, it probably means we won't hear back from them until january.

Just wondering...how long after being complete were you notified about an interview decision?

so... did anyone try calling them? i'm scared... :p

so... did anyone try calling them? i'm scared... :p

I'm willing to call tomorrow if no one hears anything today. My numbers are sub-par for Tufts so I doubt that I'll be one of the phone call recipients...

Members don't see this ad :)
i doubt i'll receive a phone call either. i messed up both my interviews......royaly.

i doubt i'll receive a phone call either. i messed up both my interviews......royaly.

I'm sure you didn't mess them up :) As neurotic pre-meds, we think things are actually worse than they are. Did you interview with Dr. Nun by chance? I've heard he asks very difficult questions...

Are you in MI?

I'm sure you didn't mess them up :) As neurotic pre-meds, we think things are actually worse than they are. Did you interview with Dr. Nun by chance? I've heard he asks very difficult questions...

Are you in MI?

no i didn't interview with him...but i kind of wish i had, because i don't think my interviewers liked me very much. yes, i'm from MI

I DID.... not.
:laugh:

I did..............I really like Tufts, it's an awesome school. And I especially love Boston. What an awesome city!!!!!!!!!! And all the...NOT

Are you in MI?

i interviewed with him! even though i thought he was the toughest interviewer i've had during all 5 of my interviews, he was the most interesting. i just thought i did ok on my interviews but i got accepcted early in november! some questions he asked were "what is life" and "how do you explain 'pain' to someone who genetically doesn't feel pain and is blind and has a low IQ?" he also asked very detailed questions about my application which means that he takes the time to review all the material..he da man!

Wait...do these adcoms also meet to discuss interview invites? Did anyone get an invite from Tufts recently?

Wait...do these adcoms also meet to discuss interview invites? Did anyone get an invite from Tufts recently?

I was wondering the same thing! Does anyone know when the next meeting will be to extend interview invites??

on my secondary site it still shows that there are quite a few interview dates open, so dont give up hope

I'm willing to call tomorrow if no one hears anything today. My numbers are sub-par for Tufts so I doubt that I'll be one of the phone call recipients...

let us know how the call goes...... GOOD LUCK

According to the site, their interview dates go through mid-March. And every Tuesday and Thursday in March is open, as well as a couple in February. If that means anything, there may be some hope. Good luck to you all.

According to the site, their interview dates go through mid-March. And every Tuesday and Thursday in March is open, as well as a couple in February. If that means anything, there may be some hope. Good luck to you all.

Also, some people do cancel their interviews once they hear from other schools. I originally had mine scheduled for mid-January, but moved it up to the beginning of December when I saw a date open.

so no one is picking up at the office. Maybe the receptionist is already gone for the holidays. I'll try later this afternoon.

figures...talk to you guys again first week of janurary:rolleyes:

Doesn't surprise me. Classes are done so everyone at TU is probably gone already. Or else they're all eating cookies and drinking nog at the holiday party. I love holiday parties.

I got a call from the dean today!!!!! I have to leave..I'm going to a holiday party, but good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!:luck:

I got a call from the dean today!!!!! I have to leave..I'm going to a holiday party, but good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!:luck:

what time did he call you?

i got in too! call from dr neumeyer around 3. my first acceptance, and my top choice! i never thought i could be so happy to hear another man's voice!

i got in too! call from dr neumeyer around 3. my first acceptance, and my top choice! i never thought i could be so happy to hear another man's voice!

marv albert didn't do it for ya?

congrats ya'll

Just got a call from the dean today too. I wish the school were not so expensive. Though Tufts may not be my first choice, I'm still INCREDIBLY happy because I know I will go to med school for sure now.

Congrats to all others.

ppl with acceptances, when did u guys interview?

I interviewed Nov 7. But I was in last month's acceptances (phone call Dec 1). The people posting here interviewed sometime this month.

interview 12/14, accepted 12/21...pretty quick eh?

ppl with acceptances, when did u guys interview?

interviewed on dec. 5th, accepted 21st.. anyone else hear anything today? i have my fingers crossed for you--keep us updated.

Did anyone who interviewed in December get an e-mail about active consideration or a rejection letter yet?

Did anyone who interviewed in December get an e-mail about active consideration or a rejection letter yet?

yea i got an email and a snail mail for an active consideration a couple days ago.