Tufts delayed decision folks--anyone hear anything yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you live in New England? I do but my mail hasn't arrived yet...

Members don't see this ad.

stinkycheese said:
Do you live in New England? I do but my mail hasn't arrived yet...

i'm in!!!! i'm from nj so you west coasters should def hear monday! good luck everyone!

CONGRATS! I hope the delayed decision folks also get news today... I'm in Boston so if they sent something to DD people, I will know today and will post. I hope I get good news. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
BubbleWand1 said:
i'm in!!!! i'm from nj so you west coasters should def hear monday! good luck everyone!

Congratulations, BubbleWand1! I'm on the East Coast also but didn't get anything. I guess that could only be bad news... :( Wow, now I'm really depressed (but very very happy for you!!)

DrFlower said:
Congratulations, BubbleWand1! I'm on the East Coast also but didn't get anything. I guess that could only be bad news... :( Wow, now I'm really depressed (but very very happy for you!!)

But maybe they haven't made decisions on delayed decision people yet. I imagine all the decisions would go out at the same time, right? I still haven't gotten my mail today but am not going to expect anything if you didn't get anything either, Dr. Flower...

Edit: Okay, I didn't get anything today. Tufts is trying my patience. May 15th is what, a week away? I'm guessing maybe we're waitlisted, but if that's the case, I'm just going to withdraw and go to Tulane. Frankly, I am ready for this process to be over. I interviewed at Tufts very early in the season, and to be in limbo this long is just ridiculous.

stinkycheese said:
But maybe they haven't made decisions on delayed decision people yet. I imagine all the decisions would go out at the same time, right? I still haven't gotten my mail today but am not going to expect anything if you didn't get anything either, Dr. Flower...

Edit: Okay, I didn't get anything today. Tufts is trying my patience. May 15th is what, a week away? I'm guessing maybe we're waitlisted, but if that's the case, I'm just going to withdraw and go to Tulane. Frankly, I am ready for this process to be over. I interviewed at Tufts very early in the season, and to be in limbo this long is just ridiculous.

I also interviewed very early in the season. It has been almost half a year. All this waiting is so taxing on my nerves. What makes matters worse is that I'm on two other waitlists, but my heart is set so much on Tufts that the other two haven't consumed me. At least you have a very good alternative, stinkycheese! :) BubbleWand1, were you delayed decision or did you interview in the spring?

Stinkycheese, do you think that they reviewed dd and spring applicants at the same time last week? Or do you think we'll hear on Monday?

I read last year's thread just now and it seems like they send acceptances first, waitlists second, and yes, they send decisions for 3rd interview pool/delayed people all at the same time. So people who were delayed who are now accepted had letters sent yesterday, and waitlist letters will be sent on Monday.

I'm done... it's been more than half a year since I interviewed. I would prefer to be in Boston over New Orleans, but I have to get on with my life and making plans to move. I can't let Tufts keep me in the balance any longer. If they can't decide after six months, then I can't keep them in consideration.

stinkycheese said:
I read last year's thread just now and it seems like they send acceptances first, waitlists second, and yes, they send decisions for 3rd interview pool/delayed people all at the same time. So people who were delayed who are now accepted had letters sent yesterday, and waitlist letters will be sent on Monday.

I'm done... it's been more than half a year since I interviewed. I would prefer to be in Boston over New Orleans, but I have to get on with my life and making plans to move. I can't let Tufts keep me in the balance any longer. If they can't decide after six months, then I can't keep them in consideration.

just to let everyone know - i was not delayed decision and interviewed on apr. 26th.

stinkycheese said:

*sigh* Well, then...it's either more waiting for me or a rejection at this point. Needless to say, very depressed. :( I was very much hoping that acceptance letters for dd applicants would be sent later, or that letters would be sent in batches somehow. I know just how you feel, stinkycheese...now to make plans for the year ahead; have to move on. I just hope that I'm accepted earlier rather than later if I'm fortunate enough to be on the waitlist.

The best of luck to everyone, and congratulations for all those accepted today from Tufts on the East coast.

stinkycheese said:

So are you saying acceptances for fall delayed decision people were sent yesterday? I haven't gotten anything yet (in NJ) but maybe there's still hope... Darn the postal service for not delivering mail on Sunday!

I don't know for sure, obviously, but last year, delayed people and spring people all got their acceptances on the same day. Then, later, waitlist letters came. I think it's ass to send different kinds of letters at different times because then you know you're just waiting for bad news. Maybe they did things differently this year. But I'm not betting on it.

I guess according to stinkycheese, delayed decision applicants and spring interviewees who were accepted should have received their acceptances today if they live in New England/New Jersey. Bubblewand1 received his/her letter today.

DrFlower said:
I guess according to stinkycheese, delayed decision applicants and spring interviewees who were accepted should have received their acceptances today if they live in New England/New Jersey. Bubblewand1 received his/her letter today.

I really hope that's not the case. I do know that things seem to be a bit slow to get to my town in NJ sometimes, so maybe that's what happened (it's kind of a dinky little town). I guess we'll see on Monday...

Members don't see this ad :)
stinkycheese said:
I don't know for sure, obviously, but last year, delayed people and spring people all got their acceptances on the same day. Then, later, waitlist letters came. I think it's ass to send different kinds of letters at different times because then you know you're just waiting for bad news. Maybe they did things differently this year. But I'm not betting on it.

Yeah, I definitely do not think it's a good practice to send different letters at different times. People are stressed enough as is without the schools doing this; being the one who did not receive a positive letter the day it's supposed to arrive feel even more crappy.

v-tach said:
I really hope that's not the case. I do know that things seem to be a bit slow to get to my town in NJ sometimes, so maybe that's what happened (it's kind of a dinky little town). I guess we'll see on Monday...

I really do to. :) I'm really hoping batches of letters sent, alphabetical order or something. But I know it's a long shot. Just need a little thread of hope to cling on to...

DrFlower said:
Yeah, I definitely do not think it's a good practice to send different letters at different times. People are stressed enough as is without the schools doing this; being the one who did not receive a positive letter the day it's supposed to arrive feel even more crappy.

I love Tufts as a school and their admissions people were very nice, but their entire notification process is ****. I think it's totally unfair that people who interviewed in late April already know their fate, while people who interviewed six months before them don't know anything about theirs. I'd rather at least know I'm waitlisted or rejected than hold out hope for an acceptance that is literally, never coming.

stinkycheese said:
I love Tufts as a school and their admissions people were very nice, but their entire notification process is ****. I think it's totally unfair that people who interviewed in late April already know their fate, while people who interviewed six months before them don't know anything about theirs. I'd rather at least know I'm waitlisted or rejected than hold out hope for an acceptance that is literally, never coming.

I hear you, definitely. It just hurts so much more because Tufts is my first choice, and being kept waiting for this long with the hope that you might be accepted is quite cruel. Ah well, so is the process. I have no energy left to be angry, just feeling dejected. :(

i'm in NYC and didn't get anything today... i am delayed decision app.... i'm REALLY hoping this does not mean waitlist. i don't think my heart could take it :(

damn the fact that there is no mail tomorrow! Now I will have to wait until Monday at 5pm..... unless i sneak home during my lunch hour ;-)

goodluck to all of us that are still waiting

nycmed8 said:
i'm in NYC and didn't get anything today... i am delayed decision app.... i'm REALLY hoping this does not mean waitlist. i don't think my heart could take it :(

damn the fact that there is no mail tomorrow! Now I will have to wait until Monday at 5pm..... unless i sneak home during my lunch hour ;-)

goodluck to all of us that are still waiting

Well, I'm from NJ and haven't heard yet either. It seems only one person has gotten anything at this point--maybe he/she just was lucky and had extra-fast mail service in town. Otherwise I would expect to see more posts about acceptances. I haven't given up hope yet! :)

bumpity bump

Well, this is it folks...tomorrow's the day when most of us (hopefully!) on the East Coast will hear news from Tufts, be it good or bad. I would love more than anything to be accepted, but the gut is saying waitlist. That being said, even it is a waitlist decision, news is that the waitlist moves and that we stand a reasonable chance of gettingn accepted off of it.

Staying positive, staying positive! :)

I got my envelope on Friday (just north of Boston). The letter was dated May 5, and the envelope was postmarked 5/5. My last name comes towards the end of the alphabet, so whoever was hypothesizing that they were mailed in batches by last name might be off a little. I have a lot of friends in the general area who have not received anything as of yet, but I hope you all get something tomorrow!

Good luck to all!

bsylvia said:
I got my envelope on Friday (just north of Boston). The letter was dated May 5, and the envelope was postmarked 5/5. My last name comes towards the end of the alphabet, so whoever was hypothesizing that they were mailed in batches by last name might be off a little. I have a lot of friends in the general area who have not received anything as of yet, but I hope you all get something tomorrow!

Good luck to all!

Were you delayed or did you interview in the spring? If it was good news, congrats!

stinkycheese said:
Were you delayed or did you interview in the spring? If it was good news, congrats!

StinkyCheese -- I replied to your PM.

For anybody else that is interested, the news was fantastic! I was not in the Delayed Decision group, but had interviewed in the spring cycle.

Good luck everyone!

No news yet of dd applicants hearing anything; I wonder if decisions for them are mailed separately? I'm very anxious for tomorrow's news...

did anyone get any letters yet today?

DD applicant here...got nada today.

someone needs to call them... this is ridiculous! Nothing in Boston today either...

didnt someone say at the beginning of this post that if you didnt get anything by today, to email the admissions office (I forget that woman's name) and she'll email you the decision?? This would make sense since May 15 is only a few days away...

That might just be for spring interviewees.

I called twice and got voicemail both times. Why do I feel like Tufts' stalker ex-girlfriend that they don't love and don't want to hear from/correspond with?

Well I emailed Ms. Chadwick anyways, and Ill let you guys know if I get a response (I was DD too).

Nothing today in the mail in NYC... i am going to email the admissions office as well and see what is up. This is getting very much down to the wire.

Yeahhhh!! Make them answer us! :) This is beyond ridiculous...

Oh my god if you guys on the east haven't heard how long will it take to reach the west?!

This is for those who interviewed in Spring. I'm outside of Boston right now, and got a letter posted 5/5/05 this past Saturday. It was good news, however, I'm more interested in hearing about the fr*ckin dual-degree decisions (MD/MPH). Not sure when those are coming out.

At any rate, like everyone else on this thread, I've emailed today and have called several times and have gotten no answer. I'm sure Tufts is trying really hard to keep up with people's requests. But please do let us all know if Tufts admissions calls or even emails anyone with answers! Good luck everyone!

oniwindu did you interview in spring, could you tell what day?

I'm so confused about how to feel right now: hopeful? sad? angry? It seems like spring interviewees received their decision, but all the delayed decision people who have posted so far haven't received any word yet. Perhaps there was a separate meeting to decide our fates?

I hope so much that we all get our acceptances soon! :)

After the anxiety we've all felt over this impending news it just occurred to me that I never questioned this discussion. So, if you all don't mind my asking, who/where did this tid-bit of information about DD applicants hearing before May 15th come from? I never got wind of this other than from this thread. And I'm not doubting my fellow SDNers but I'm just weary to accept these types of postings as the hard truth.

DrFlower said:
I'm so confused about how to feel right now: hopeful? sad? angry? It seems like spring interviewees received their decision, but all the delayed decision people who have posted so far haven't received any word yet. Perhaps there was a separate meeting to decide our fates?

I hope so much that we all get our acceptances soon! :)

cammy1313 said:
After the anxiety we've all felt over this impending news it just occurred to me that I never questioned this discussion. So, if you all don't mind my asking, who/where did this tid-bit of information about DD applicants hearing before May 15th come from? I never got wind of this other than from this thread. And I'm not doubting my fellow SDNers but I'm just weary to accept these types of postings as the hard truth.

The admissions office told the DD people we will all hear by "the middle of May."

It also says that online on the selected applicants website. "No later than the middle of May".

That is true...but I guess the reason why we're all a flutter is because some spring interviewees have received their acceptances and someone had mentioned that all acceptances (spring and dd applicants) were mailed off at the same time last year.

stinkycheese said:
The admissions office told the DD people we will all hear by "the middle of May."

Cool, thanks. I thought they might have specified "before May 15th" but my brain neglected to remember this fact. I shut my brain down post-interviews so as to save up energy for MS1 :D

skiracer90 said:
DD applicant here...got nada today.

DD applicant here as well...got zilch!

del taco said:
oniwindu did you interview in spring, could you tell what day?

Sure, I think my interview date was March 8th. I just remember it was the second Tues of March. Good luck to you all!

Spring Interview Group: Accepted Snail Mail Today, 05/09 (in Wisconsin). Good luck to you all.

Last year's people got waitlist and acceptance email notifications as early as the monday after the last adcom meeting (what today is), so I'm curious that no one has posted about getting emails...

tl

did they send acceptance emails last year? i thought tufts did everything via snail mail.

del taco said:
tl

did they send acceptance emails last year? i thought tufts did everything via snail mail.

I know that email acceptances were sent out last year. Some people got them before the snail mail letters and some got them after.

Seems like everyone in the spring interview group got in and everyone in the DD group is in limbo still. Thanks, Tufts, what a way to reward your early interviewees. :rolleyes: Beyond annoyed...

I had always thought that being interviewed early meant positive things for the interviewees. Unfortunately it doesn't seem true for Tufts. :( I do feel quite hurt that we've essentially been ignored for the past half year (I was a bit upset that spring interviewees have already received their acceptances)but it's the medical school game that we've decided to play--essentially undefined and unfair.