Tufts delayed decision folks--anyone hear anything yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To be honest, I am not even sure at this point if I would go if I were admitted. I have spent so much of the admissions season not thinking about Tufts because I was indefinitely delayed, and even though I was getting excited about it again, I am not sure what to think at this point. It's just not worth the headache to be debating what to do at this late stage of the game. I am sad to say this, but I definitely won't be accepting a position on the waitlist if it is offered to me.

Members don't see this ad.

stinkycheese at least you're in somewhere. tufts is literally my only shot.

That's true. Stinkycheese, you are very fortunate to already have been accepted somewhere. I'm on two other waitlists, no acceptances yet. But I do understand your frustration, because I feel it too and I would prefer very much to go to Tufts.

The waiting continues...hopefully we'll hear something by the middle of the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
del taco said:

Same here, unless you count being on waitlists at Rochester and NJMS.

del taco said:

I am not complaining about my luck with other schools. I am upset with how Tufts has handled my application. Being in elsewhere and waiting indefinitely on Tufts raises a host of other problems. If I were to get in this week, could I make a decision in three days? If I were waitlisted, could I make plans to move with Tufts hanging over my head? Etc, etc. I am not saying that my problems are worse than anyone else's, they're just different. I am sorry you haven't gotten in anywhere yet. Good luck.

anyone? bueller? bueller? any news today??

Hi folks, another DD here, and i thought i might add my two cents.

Tufts stressed at the interview that people interviewing in the spring were interviewing for the same number of spots (or at least an allotted number of spots) as someone in the fall or winter, therefore it makes sense that they would determine the fate of those seats first with the spring folks that interviewed for them. By first looking over all the spring applicants and the number of admissions seats they have for the spring they can determine whether they can send SOME of us accept letters instead just sending us all waitlist letters (or worse). So, I would assume they met first to discuss those spring applicants and likely met a second time last week (perhaps in the same day) to decide our fate.

I think it's likely better for us dd folks that they do it that way (even though the waiting obviously sucks).

I'm in Boston and will post if I get anything today.

The admissions office responded to my email regarding when we will be notified. They said decisions were made last week and the office is busy processing notification packets. They said we should know by the end of this week.

Man, this sucks. The end of this week? So I'm going to guess that most of the decisions for DD people are not acceptances, because how could they send acceptances SO late in the game? Right on top of the May 15th deadline, eh? I am so fed up with Tufts.

nothing for me in the mail today. i bet they waitlisted all the dd candidates. i just don't get tufts. they sent me an interview invite within a week of getting my august mcat scores and now they are pulling me on a ride that is going to last more than half a year. this really blows.

del taco said:
nothing for me in the mail today. i bet they waitlisted all the dd candidates. i just don't get tufts. they sent me an interview invite within a week of getting my august mcat scores and now they are pulling me on a ride that is going to last more than half a year. this really blows.

They stink. I'm so over Tufts right now.

I just called the admissions office and they said they mailed a letter out to me on Friday. Can I assume it's good news and hold off on sending BU my 500 dollar deposit???? This is becoming an enormous pain in my a$$.

Yeah, the letters sent last week all seem to be acceptances. They told me they sent my letter yesterday... so if last year's pattern of "acceptances first, waitlists/rejections second" holds true, tomorrow I should be receiving a waitlist letter :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
hold off just a day or two cammy! you can always overnight a check to BU on Thursday morning or something if the Tufts news is not what you want. $500 is a lot to lose.... i hope you get good news from Tufts soon!

called. lady said my waitlist offer was sent friday.

del taco said:

Wow, they told you over the phone? I can only assume that I am rejected then... wow. I'm so disappointed that I waited all season for a rejection. I wish they had never interviewed me!

stinkycheese please relax. it could be that they want to keep you in suspense becuae you are accepted. anyways this has been a really ****ing ****ty week. :thumbdown:

del taco said:

Gah! I should've asked if mine was a waitlist as well. I was gonna overnight my BU check Wednesday morning around 7am so I suppose I could call again tomorrow before taking the plunge. It's three hours ahead on the east coast so I hope someone takes my call...

cammy1313 said:
Gah! I should've asked if mine was a waitlist as well. I was gonna overnight my BU check Wednesday morning around 7am so I suppose I could call again tomorrow before taking the plunge. It's three hours ahead on the east coast so I hope someone takes my call...

call now and explain your situation to them... I'll bet they'll give you some news. :)

stinkycheese said:
call now and explain your situation to them... I'll bet they'll give you some news. :)

No one's answering. Figures :rolleyes:

Just tried calling too...no answer!

AAAHH!! If waitlist letters were sent Friday, then I should have received it by now...I am praying to goodness it's not a rejection!!! :(

Sooo nervous!!! Please Lord, please let it NOT be a rejection...my heart would truly break into a million pieces. :(

i don't think if your letter was sent out yesterday it means waitlist/rejection. i was reading last years thread and someone was mailed a letter of acceptance on 05/10/04. that would correspond to this monday's 5/9. anyways can someone from tufts please answer this question. is nearly every delayed decsion candidtate put on the waitlist? i get the feeling that tufts doens't outwardly reject many people. also they claim it isn't ranked but somehow i don't believe that. i think they already have decided who doen't have a shot in hell of getting in.

DrFlower said:
Sooo nervous!!! Please Lord, please let it NOT be a rejection...my heart would truly break into a million pieces. :(

They told me they sent me a letter today, so I'll have it tomorrow (live in Boston) and I will let you know if its a rejection. I hope you get better news. You certainly deserve it after all this waiting.

stinkycheese said:
They told me they sent me a letter today, so I'll have it tomorrow (live in Boston) and I will let you know if its a rejection. I hope you get better news. You certainly deserve it after all this waiting.

I hope to goodness that things work out for both of us...all this waiting is tearing me apart. Especially at a school that I truly, truly love and hope to goodness matriculate into. After reading that some people received news about their waitlist letters being sent on Friday, I have automatically assumed it to be the worst. Needless to say I am very much shaking right now anticipating the worst...

:(

I wouldn't be so anxious if it weren't for the fact that I have to give up 500 clams by tomorrow. No worries though, I should hopefully be able to get an answer from them before I drop my check in the mail tomorrow morning.

G'luck to us all!

DrFlower said:
I hope to goodness that things work out for both of us...all this waiting is tearing me apart. Especially at a school that I truly, truly love and hope to goodness matriculate into. After reading that some people received news about their waitlist letters being sent on Friday, I have automatically assumed it to be the worst. Needless to say I am very much shaking right now anticipating the worst...

:(

I wish they would just tell all of us on the phone... doesn't seem fair to tell some and not others. I would honestly be surprised if a lot of DD people were flat-out rejected at this point in the game, since it seems like Tufts doesn't reject that many post-interview, but maybe this year has been different and they've had more people accept their offers or something. I am hoping you get good news, Flower :luck:

Does anyone know if a lot of rejection letters are sent? If the majority are waitlist letters and I get the rejection...wow. :( I was just so hopeful with the early interview and all, which I thought went so well..!

Perhaps I should just stop ranting and jumping to conclusions...my apologies to everyone! Grasping at different coping mechanisms here... :oops:

did you guys ask for your final decision? i didn't ask the lady just told me.

del taco said:
did you guys ask for your final decision? i didn't ask the lady just told me.

I didn't ask. I asked when I would be getting my letter. She put me on hold, came back and said, "A letter was sent to you today." So I'm assuming she didn't feel like telling me the bad news!

stinkycheese said:
I didn't ask. I asked when I would be getting my letter. She put me on hold, came back and said, "A letter was sent to you today." So I'm assuming she didn't feel like telling me the bad news!

Oh, please don't say that Stinkycheese! Let's try to remain optimistic because it's killing me...:( What if she just wants to make sure you're surprised when you receive the decision tomorrow? That must be it!! :)

DrFlower said:
Oh, please don't say that Stinkycheese! Let's try to remain optimistic because it's killing me...:( What if she just wants to make sure you're surprised when you receive the decision tomorrow? That must be it!! :)

I hope you get great news, Flower :) I am just trying to not get my hopes up. The next 24 hours are going to be very... long.

stinkycheese said:
I hope you get great news, Flower :) I am just trying to not get my hopes up. The next 24 hours are going to be very... long.

Thanks so much, Stinkycheese. I hope you get great news too!!! Power of positive thinking--they sent it yesterday, so since it's a big acceptance envelope you will get it tomorrow! (If it were a small rejection envelope you should have received it today since you live in Boston, right?) :)

what number are you guys all calling?

tl747 said:
what number are you guys all calling?

(617) 636-6571 is their admissions office number.

cammy1313 said:
I wouldn't be so anxious if it weren't for the fact that I have to give up 500 clams by tomorrow. No worries though, I should hopefully be able to get an answer from them before I drop my check in the mail tomorrow morning.

G'luck to us all!

If they don't tell you over the phone, you can always send the check then once you get a letter from Tufts (assuming its the good one) you could call BU and have them rip up the check and void it before they cash it. I'm sure they won't run to the bank with your check.

fasdfhkalsdhfksadhfkhsadkjlfaa (that what i type when im frustrated)

im on the west coast, and still waiting....i tried calling just now (probably closed, im guessing being that its nearly 6 pm there), and just a machine

DrFlower said:
Thanks so much, Stinkycheese. I hope you get great news too!!! Power of positive thinking--they sent it yesterday, so since it's a big acceptance envelope you will get it tomorrow! (If it were a small rejection envelope you should have received it today since you live in Boston, right?) :)

Hey, thanks, actually I mis-wrote, they sent my envelope today, so either way I should get it tomorrow. Man, this waiting is ridiculous! Good luck.

i dont remember everything i read from this particular forum, but what would the consensus be on receiving something from tufts later this week rather than early? good new or bad (sorry for the horribly phrased question.....final in 2 hours and im a little scatter brained)

i got zilcho today in nyc.....here hoping tomorrow brings us better news

I'll also let everyone know...the very best of luck to everyone!!! I am still trying to remain hopeful that we'll get acceptances tomorrow!! :)

DrFlower said:
I'll also let everyone know...the very best of luck to everyone!!! I am still trying to remain hopeful that we'll get acceptances tomorrow!! :)

That would be lovely :) I'm trying to just not think about it at this point.

Update: twas not a rejection. So many of you should be receiving acceptances or waitlists today. Good luck! As for me, I am taking a breather from SDN... too much of a stress case right now :) See y'all in a few weeks when I get my sanity back.

stinkycheese said:
Update: twas not a rejection. So many of you should be receiving acceptances or waitlists today. Good luck! As for me, I am taking a breather from SDN... too much of a stress case right now :) See y'all in a few weeks when I get my sanity back.

Congratulations, StinkyCheese! I hope the news was better than not just being a rejection! PM me and maybe I'll bump into you in August! :D

FDGB said:
If they don't tell you over the phone, you can always send the check then once you get a letter from Tufts (assuming its the good one) you could call BU and have them rip up the check and void it before they cash it. I'm sure they won't run to the bank with your check.

Yeah, this idea had occurred to me as well. I decided to try to get through to the office one more time this morning and sure enough it worked. She was able to tell me that I'm on the waitlist. I immediately strolled down to the mail room and fed-exed my check to BU. Bye-bye 500 smackers.

i'm probably wait-listed too.... but still itching for 5pm to come so i can go home and confirm my suspicions.

Hey guys,

I just got my large envelope from Tufts today as a former DD applicant. Yeah...it was a waitlist notification. All my roommates have asked me if I got in because the saw the large envelope sitting on the kitchen table. That was a fun time telling them that no, it's just another waitlist to add to my collection.

So far all of us DD peeps have been waitlisted, huh? Well, better than a rejection. Okay, really getting off SDN now...