Tufts Dental AP Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dota

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I looked on the Tufts site and they said that they don't take Any AP credits at all? Could anyone confirm this? I don't want to take Gen. Chem again or take Bio Again after taking upper div. bio classes.

"Additionally, the Admissions Committee will not recognize pre-requisites completed by earning Advanced Placement credits. Applicants who have received college credit and/or placed out of pre-requisite courses because of AP credits must either retake those courses at a four year institution or take an equal number of credits in upper level coursework in the same discipline at a four year institution."
http://dental.tufts.edu/1176295338385/TUSDM-Page-dental2w_1186496760237.html

If this is true, then I can't apply there, which is strange because of one class.

Thx

Members don't see this ad.

Last cycle, I was pretty sure that they didn't take CC or AP pre-reqs, though this cycle someone said that they were accepted with CC pre-reqs, so who knows, maybe they've been more lax about that policy recently.

If you're still in undergrad, this is what I did: I waited to see what schools I was accepted to on Dec. 1st, and then decided what classes I had to take 2nd Semester Senior Year. For example, Michigan wants Sociology, Ohio State wants Anatomy, and in your case, Tufts seems to want you to take Biology and Gen Chem. If that's the case, if you get into Tufts Dec. 1st, than take those two classes 2nd semester senior year. And if you don't get in, don't take those classes.

If you only have two classes you need to take for a school, you could always take those classes after you're accepted, assuming you get an acceptance Dec. 1st (or even if you get the acceptance after that, you could take summer classes. It's small sacrifice to make to get into dental school).

Call Tufts to see what the actually policy is and if you can replace those AP classes with upper-level Biology and Chemistry, no one on these boards would know for sure.

Last cycle, I was pretty sure that they didn't take CC or AP pre-reqs, though this cycle someone said that they were accepted with CC pre-reqs, so who knows, maybe they've been more lax about that policy recently.

If you're still in undergrad, this is what I did: I waited to see what schools I was accepted to on Dec. 1st, and then decided what classes I had to take 2nd Semester Senior Year. For example, Michigan wants Sociology, Ohio State wants Anatomy, and in your case, Tufts seems to want you to take Biology and Gen Chem. If that's the case, if you get into Tufts Dec. 1st, than take those two classes 2nd semester senior year. And if you don't get in, don't take those classes.

If you only have two classes you need to take for a school, you could always take those classes after you're accepted, assuming you get an acceptance Dec. 1st (or even if you get the acceptance after that, you could take summer classes. It's small sacrifice to make to get into dental school).

Call Tufts to see what the actually policy is and if you can replace those AP classes with upper-level Biology and Chemistry, no one on these boards would know for sure.

Dont you have to tell the schools what you already plan on taking?

Is it likely for the schools to deny because the prereq isnt on the planned courses? Is it true other schools see the planned coures? If so, if you take off a course on the planned coursework you would have to notify all the schools. I am just a little confused because I was planning on doing the same (wait to see if im accepted before i take the class), but idk if I should add the courses then wait and see then remove, or leave the courses off then wait and see then add the courses.