******** TUFTS DENTAL SCHOOL are you guys happy? gay guys there? **********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ElBerHarSo

Help !!!!!!!!

I think I might get an interview to Tufts, and I want to see if I should go there.

I really want to be a dentist and open a private practice in San Diego, California after graduating. Is Tufts for me.

I am a handsome Middle eastern male and I Love Irish men. I SO want to find a Nice Irish guy to date in Tufts, and I think with a class size of 160, I can definitely find one. Also, there are always Medical students too. I love serious studious guys who are friendly and sophisticated and who value education.

Are there a lot of get-togethers for students? tell me about your experience, your life, I am dying to know. I want my Dental education to be a lot diff. than my undergrad which wasn't everything that I expected it to be. I want to have good nice friends throughout my Dental education and who I can count on.

How are your classes? professors? Is it pass/No Pass or graded? How many pass Boards? Go on to specialty?

Also, I have friends in Boston and I can always come home to Souther California to visit.

Please let me know your thoughts on Tufts. Are the faculty supportive? Are the people nice generally? People at UCLA are vicious monsters and I HATE UCLA with a passion. I like a place where people help you and want to be nice to you, rather than like UCLA where people are trying to put you down and be mean to you.

Are there a lot of Gay guys in Tufts? I wanna marry a dentist. What do Tufts Dental students think of that place? Are they happy when they graduate?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for writing this, but... just don't get me wrong, okay?
We, the medical practitioners or med practitioner to-be's, take anything
from statistics. Based on stats, you are very likely to get an HIV/AIDS.
Also according to the stats, it tells us there's a very high chance for
patients to be infected with HIV virus from the dentists. And there were
actually such happenings(a lot) through out this country and other nations.
Do you not agree that it is very unethical for you to be a dentist with
a potential risk of HIV and treat patients? I assume that you would
hide that you were gay if you were a dentist, right?
Sorry man, I'm not really totally discriminating here right now.
However, as a future dentist/medical provider, I really would like to cherish
patients' and ultimately the society's health. In my opinion, you are not
eligible to be any type of medical care provider.
I even want to beg you to reconsider about your decision to become a dentist.
Have a good day.

Have a good day.

That was very rude and un-called for. Anyone having unprotected sex has equaly high chances of contracting an STD. Don't question or predict his dental career simply due to his sexual orientation...
However, this is a dental profession site, not a dating service...
NE wayz, I interviewed at Tufts and was excepted on the first of December. I REALLY was impressed by this school! All the students and faculty that I encountered loved it there and seemed really happy to be there. Their facilities (in my oppininion) are one of the best out there. You should definitely go to the interview, I'm sure you will be very impressed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I just figured that since harvard accepts 25 and Tufts 158 that I would have a better shot at making friends.

I know I'll make a great dentist but I just wanna be in a nice place where people support eachother and want to do well.

I can't wait to go there.

I am assuming that Tufts is WAYYYYYYYYY cheaper than USC.

Anyone know about the dorms at Tufts? are they cool?

Oh yeah, I want a Tufts Dental Catalog.....

I really wanna know more about the expenses and all that stuff.

I know about the tuition, so is it safe to say that I will have over 200K in loans after I get out?

Oh yeah, I want a Tufts Dental Catalog.....

I really wanna know more about the expenses and all that stuff.

I know about the tuition, so is it safe to say that I will have over 200K in loans after I get out?

Tufts 2006-2007 Cost of Education

The student's cost of education or educational budget is comprised of tuition and fees (billed costs), books and supplies plus a living expense allowance. The living expense allowance is based on student surveys and the US Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics cost of living allowances for the Boston metropolitan area. Currently the living expense allowance is $1,475 per month for students living in the dorm, $1,800 per month for students living off-campus or $850 per month for students living with their parents or relatives. The monthly allowance is then multiplied by the number of months the student is enrolled during the academic year. Students should anticipate an estimated 5% increase in tuition and fees each year. The educational budgets for the 2006-2007 academic year appear below.

D.M.D.PROGRAM First Year Second Year Third Year Fourth Year

Tuition $45,500 $45,500 $45,500 $45,500
Dental Kit 3,150 2,400 400 -
Sterilization Charge 2,910 2,910 2,910 2,910
Preclinical Supplies 1020 1100 - -
Fixed Prostho Lab Kit - 600 - -
Technology Fee

Activity Fee 206 206 206 206
Health Insurance 2,724 2,724 2,724 2,724
Health Administrative Fee 185 185 185 185
Clinic Gown Fee - 200 400 400
Total Billed Costs * $55,971 $56,101 $52,601 $52,201
Books and Supplies 2,000 **1,670 **2820 1600
Living Expenses *** 18,000 21,600 21,600 16,200

Total Cost of Education $75,971 $79,371 $77,021 $70,001

* Student loan origination and default prevention fees also added to student budgets.
** Includes allowances for National Board and Regional Board Fees.
*** Living expense budget based on off-campus housing allowance.

Help !!!!!!!!

I am a handsome Middle eastern male and I Love Irish men.

Post your picture and we'll be the judge of that.... without a picture the only gay Irish boys that will be takers "sight-unseen" are short, red haired, with a job dressing up as a leprechaun for St. Patties day. I totally think dentistry is for you though. Tons of "gays", not at all stuffy and traditional like medicine. Where I went to school no one was married, no one had kids, and everyone batted from both sides of the plate if you catch my drift... WELCOME!

Yeah, I just figured that since harvard accepts 25 and Tufts 158 that I would have a better shot at making friends.

I know I'll make a great dentist but I just wanna be in a nice place where people support eachother and want to do well.

Ahem...let me just go ahead and say that while I've met tons of cool people at Tufts, there are certain elements of the school that encourage people to be less than supportive. First, unllike Harvard, we are not pass fail. People will kill themselves to do better than you. I hear people constantly saying they've got to get such and such a grade to specialize. My personal favorite was overhearing someone in gross saying to their group, "Don't tell too many people that, we don't want them to get better scores than us." The competition is pretty unreal.

Second, 161 people does not a diverse class make. We are after all, for the most part, affluent people with a background in higher education, aiming to become more rich. Yeah, you are going to find more of a variety in the areas people came from, maybe religions, maybe politics, other than that, Tufts is really no different than any other school.

Bottom line, this is dental school, and the more people you throw into a school, the more competition there will be.

I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but you sound like you haven't really done your research on the school at all. Spend some time on their website- I'm sure you can get most of your questions answered there. Anything you still don't understand/find out, ask people on SDN. In terms of your dreams of finding a gay, Irish man to date, this is certainly possible, but I don't know why you assume Tufts would be particularly easy to find such a person. Unfortunately, dentistry and dental schools tend to be fairly conservative. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't go to Tufts or anywhere else with this in mind. It may or may not happen. Go to a school for what you can control and learn now- costs, location, education, clinical training, etc...

You guys need to take it easy on Elber here. All he wants is a gay irish dentist to love him. :laugh: :laugh:

Not true. Theres lots of homos at tufts. Students, teachers and even the administration.

And they're all gonna be looking for you now! You know, good looking middle eastern guy that likes Irish men. Fresh Meat!!! :love: :laugh: :smuggrin: :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Have a good day.

Using your "remarkable" line of reasoning, it is ppl with HIV/AIDS that should be prevented from practicing dentistry, not necessarily gay males. What if Elber & his future significant other do not plan on doing "it" (girlish giggle from a guy) until they are devoted to each other? What if someone who was in a car wreck at he age of 2 received a blood transfusion and contracted HIV at that point in their life (not too likely nowadays with the rules about donating blood). Should they be allowed to practice dentistry since they didn't contract the disease the way homosexual males do?

Elber, ds's are traditionally very conservative...Be careful where you go. I heard of a gay guy in another class was given a hard time by the UConn admin.

Everyone happy at Tufts?

I have actually been a patient at Tufts for quite some time now and I think it's a great atmosphere. I actually enjoy going to the dentist now after spending years in anxiety over appointments. The faculty works very closely with all the students and it seems to be a very supportive yet autonomous environment, if that makes sense. The student to whom I'm assigned is very thorough, more so than any private practice dentist I've ever seen. Also, for what its worth, one of the faculty members who examined my mouth to double check a student's assessment was gay.

Boston is a small city with a student population of ~300,000 so you should be able to find your significant other whatever your sexual orientation is. Are you into tranny? because a few of them lives in Chinatown right across the street and serves the same purpose.:love:

Last edited:
Everyone happy at Tufts?

Rofl. You pull up this thread and simply ask if everyone is happy? I wasn't sure the OP was even serious. Wonder if he got in, he had an interview and didn't seem to know anything about the school?

Rofl. You pull up this thread and simply ask if everyone is happy? I wasn't sure the OP was even serious. Wonder if he got in, he had an interview and didn't seem to know anything about the school?
Blah, I didn't want to stir anything up. I was hoping to be informed, more or less, how it is at Tufts and the like.

Blah, I didn't want to stir anything up. I was hoping to be informed, more or less, how it is at Tufts and the like.

Reo, one of these days you're going to learn to make your own, NEW, post. I can't wait! :laugh:

Y'all should be ecstatic that I'm utilizing the "search" function.

What's the difference between DDS and DMD? :laugh:

Originally Posted by shinbone86
paulbunyan, What do words have to with if anyone will finish at the top of your class? u would probably go as far as take it up the hershey highway to get the top of your class.

Supraman:
LOLLL what makes this hilarious is I met you and know what you look like, not just some random on this site

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=583308&page=3

To the OP, here are a few freshman that have already met :)!

Maybe they are on craig's list by now, but who knows. They seem really defensive about their school. Insecurity.

Have a good day.

Holy ****!! What an ignorant turd.

Have a good day.

Are you kidding me? I'm surprised no one has flamed you yet.

First off, stop being so scared of HIV. This is the 21st century. You are going to have patients that are HIV+, and the risk is very low, especially if their labs show that it is under control. Proper infection control makes it difficult to contract. In addition, only 0.3% of HIV EXPOSURES lead to a seroconversion of the virus in the exposed individual. You aren't going to transmit HIV by breathing on someone. If I got an exposure, I'd be much more worried about Hep B/C than HIV....

HIV transmission by a dentist is RARE. Just because you watched the news a couple times and see a few cases of it doesn't make it anywhere near common. Also, everytime it is transmitted, it nearly always is because of very poor infection control, ie lack of sterilization...

Lastly, just because you are gay, that doesn't mean you are going to get HIV/Aids. Sure, a gay person might have a slightly higher chance of getting it but come on, stop being so ignorant. You basically told him that if he is Gay, he will get HIV, and if he gets HIV, he will transmit it to all his patients since it is soooo easy to infect others; its basically the same thing as TB [Sarcasm].

*EDIT* and i just realized this is from years ago...lol

Study first!! HAHAHA. Though it's quite rad to have that posted here, good luck!! Irish men are beautiful btw

Closing thread as it was probably trolling. However, for those of you genuinely curious, feel free to look up the LGBT group there and contact one of the officers, or let me know and I will try and put you in touch with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.