Tufts Interview Invite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Overlap12

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got an email from Tufts that they accepted me for an interview! But I wasn't really sure if I am supposed to schedule it now, or has anyone got the invite in the mail and that's when they're supposed to schedule it? Should I wait?

Members don't see this ad.

I would schedule asap. They send you a brochure with all the dates they interview (I believe its every tuesday except for holidays) and they have about 40 people there per day. You can sched. as late as you want, but just don't wait too long or all the desirable spots will be filled

overlap,
when were you complete there??

Members don't see this ad :)
BMW M3 said:
I would schedule asap. They send you a brochure with all the dates they interview (I believe its every tuesday except for holidays) and they have about 40 people there per day. You can sched. as late as you want, but just don't wait too long or all the desirable spots will be filled

Do you think I can schedule without getting the brochure? I don't even know who to contact.

Triggity02 said:
overlap,
when were you complete there??

I was complete for Tufts sometime in October. I retook the MCAT in August and told all my schools to wait for the score, though some did not.

Overlap12 said:
Hey guys,

I got an email from Tufts that they accepted me for an interview! But I wasn't really sure if I am supposed to schedule it now, or has anyone got the invite in the mail and that's when they're supposed to schedule it? Should I wait?

Schedule it as soon as you can because interview slots fill up quickly. You can choose any date that is available, but the sooner you call the sooner you can interview. Give me your email address and I'll send you the interview instructions, if you haven't already gotten them. Meanwhile, here's the number to call...

(617)636-2747

good job man...whendid you get your completion letter? i believe they sent mine 2 wks ago and im august mcat too..

Anybody have any ideas how much longer they'll be sending out invites from this latest adcom meeting? (Since I'm complete there but I'm not exactly sure when I was complete and I'm just hoping they haven't passed me over or something.)

jon0013 said:
good job man...whendid you get your completion letter? i believe they sent mine 2 wks ago and im august mcat too..

Sometime in October.

Dave_D said:
Anybody have any ideas how much longer they'll be sending out invites from this latest adcom meeting? (Since I'm complete there but I'm not exactly sure when I was complete and I'm just hoping they haven't passed me over or something.)

I would also like to know.

Overlap12 is my boyfriend who is super cute and posts questions he has even before asking me! lol

My app. was complete there sometime in late Sept./early Oct. and then I got the interview invite pack via snail-mail. The e-mail I got came before the snail-mail invite but did not have the phone # to schedule the interview so I had to wait.

When I called this past Monday (12/19) to schedule my interview, they checked my last name and AMCAS number with the invited list, then let me schedule. When I scheduled, the earliest day they had was 2/14 (I'll be there on that day!). They interview on Tuesdays only and go until late March / early April. I will post the interviewing dates tomorrow - I left the envelope with the interview calendar at my boyfriend's house :)

Good luck to all of you! Oh, and I heard that they accept 1/3 of the class after each interview season (1/3 is accepted after the fall, 1/3 is accepted after winter season (Jan-Feb) and 1/3 is accepted after the spring dates (March-April)).

DolfinGrl11 said:
Good luck to all of you! Oh, and I heard that they accept 1/3 of the class after each interview season (1/3 is accepted after the fall, 1/3 is accepted after winter season (Jan-Feb) and 1/3 is accepted after the spring dates (March-April)).

I hope that's true. It seems a lot more fair to those of who may be interviewing later (PLEASE TUFTS!!!! I REALLY WANT TO GO TO BOSTON!!!!!!!!) I wish they'd give me an interview already.

DolfinGrl11 said:
Overlap12 is my boyfriend who is super cute and posts questions he has even before asking me! lol

My app. was complete there sometime in late Sept./early Oct. and then I got the interview invite pack via snail-mail. The e-mail I got came before the snail-mail invite but did not have the phone # to schedule the interview so I had to wait.

When I called this past Monday (12/19) to schedule my interview, they checked my last name and AMCAS number with the invited list, then let me schedule. When I scheduled, the earliest day they had was 2/14 (I'll be there on that day!). They interview on Tuesdays only and go until late March / early April. I will post the interviewing dates tomorrow - I left the envelope with the interview calendar at my boyfriend's house :)

That seems like a pretty good time to interview... I've heard the same thing regarding acceptance. Tufts is supposed to do a really good job not filling up their class early in the season so that people who interview a little later (and February isn't that late) have a pretty decent shot of getting in.