Tufts News????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueboy44

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Lets make this the official Tufts News thread...share any info you have...interview date, post-interview notifications etc, stats and whatever else.

Has anyone who interviewed in late Jan. heard anything? I believe the we were told we would hear by early March at the latest. So if anyone has heard please post!!

Blueboy

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in mid January. I believe they told us we would hear IN early March, not "we would hear BY early March".

Either way, I have yet to hear. I will start anxiously checking my mailbox for an envelope from Tufts starting next week.

i was just there on the 14 th of Feb..and they told us by early march...so...i think they were referring to march 15th..

Members don't see this ad :)
On the phone yesterday they told me the commitee meets this week or next, followed by letters. Good luck to all!

I'm pretty sure the committee meets this week. I interviewed in Feb and loved the school. It helps that I have an insatiable appetite for chinese food.

I also am awaiting a decision from tufts. That secret website that they gave us said that we would hear by early march.

thanks for posting everyone!

BUMP BUMP

I interviewed early and got a delayed decision letter in the first round of notices (march being the second). The premed advisor at Tufts told me this was very common and good news...bc they could easily waitlist/reject you immediately. Also, med students there seem to think they Tufts likes to keep people waiting and that there is a lot of movement on the waitlist...so dont be discouraged if you get a delayed decision letter...just my .02 cents. Fingers crossed

I received an email today saying that I had been accepted and my letter was sent out Feb 26. I interviewed Feb 10.

I wonder if that means they have sent emails to everyone who was supposed to hear by the beginning of march. I interviewed 2/17 and haven't heard anything.

I dont understand, when I called they said specifially snailmail and not email...anyone else get an email?

Interviewed early Feb, acceptance envelope in the mail today (8.5x11 white) ! : )

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I got in!!! First acceptance!
No e-mail. Large envelope sent yesterday. I live next to Boston though.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who post here...

Were any of those who were accepted placed on the alternate list? Also, when did you interview? Oh yeah, congratulations and thanks in advance.

CC

No alternate lists. Interviewed Feb 3rd. Invitation came mid-January. August MCAT.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

dang man..this is making me nervous..i had my interview on feb 17th...and haven't heard anything..no email..no big envelop..

Guys, you live in Illinois and Maryland, right? It takes a few days for mail to travel there... I live 10 miles away from Tufts. And there was no e-mail for me either.
Don't begin worrying until Monday night.
Now it's time for another drink... :hardy:

Have another on me. Hell, have four...you've earned it!

:D :D :D

I interviewed on 2/17 too. Got my fingers crossed.

I got the envelope today and I live in montana....... i am in!

man tufts hasn't even rejected me yet...no interview, no rejection, no nothing!

still nothing for me and im in virginia, did anyone who interviewed on 2/17 get accepted

Nothing here on long island yet either. I interviewed 1/20. Now I have to wait at least until monday.

I got the "delayed decision" letter. Basically, they have decided to wait to render a decision my app. The letter states I will hear from them before mid May. It was a small, white envelope. Letter was dated 2/26. I interview on 1/13. I live about 15 miles outside of Boston.

This is my second delayed decision letter. What a pain in the a$s!!

Good luck to everyone else.

Does anyone have an idea as to how many people get in after receiving a delayed decision letter?? Are the chances pretty much the same as being on a wait list or are they better. Thanks!

My acceptance letter came yesterday! I'm very happy. Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those of you who haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone who's gotten in interviewed on 2/17, I wonder if they sent out decisions for those people later then say someone who interviewed in early february. I'm just speculating and analyzing too much now.

I interviewed in january and still haven't heard anything. However, my post office is notoriously slow.

delayed is better i was told, bc they could have simply put you on the waitlist and supposedly many people on delayed get in...it probably turns into the topr of the waitlist if it is ranked...i dont know. Also, if you interviewed on the 17th you probably got reviewed this time around, you could call and ask

Originally posted by st85
Has anyone who's gotten in interviewed on 2/17, I wonder if they sent out decisions for those people later then say someone who interviewed in early february. I'm just speculating and analyzing too much now.

i'm going crazy here too...i interviewed on 2/17...and still waiting..

Mr. Tweed interviewed on 2/17 and got an acceptance, that doesn't bode well for us

got an acceptance today .. interviewed Jan 6.

They want a deposit by March 11th, probably so they can send out more acceptances by mid march.

Damn delayed decision. I think I would have rather been rejected. I'm so sick of waiting. Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets again?

Argh, nothing in the mail for me today, this is gut wrenching, should I give them a call or am I jumping the gun?

You're not alone. I have not heard anything and I interviewed in early February.

I broke down and called, they told me that they sent me a letter last Friday. I asked if they could tell me anything about the decision and they said they no. Now I'm really nervous, I'm not sure if it is done alphabetically (my last name is towards the end of the alphabet) or maybe they just send out acceptances first then delayed decisions second and rejections last. I was a combined degree program, not sure if that could effect it either. Oh well, I need to stop freaking out.

Totally understandable, st85.

Out of curiosity, what combined program are you applying to? I'm MD/PhD, was given an MD delayed decision letter awhile back. This waiting game sucks! I feel like Goose in Top Gun...when I started I couldn't think of anything but getting into the best programs, now I'm just hoping I'll get into a program period!

uhhh....got the delayed decision today and i live in california. it was date 2/26. i interviewed on 1/13

any more thoughts on the prospects of a delayed decision?

i'm sitting on two waitlists...one delayed decision

oh man...i'm in chicago..interviewed on 2/17..not good..

Delayed decision letter in NYC. Interviewed early Feb.

Lets just say this, they do not send out rejections, only delayed letters......... this is coming from a pretty good source.

I interviewed beginning of Feb and my acceptance envelope was sent out Feb 27th. They emailed me to follow up yesterday.

I'm sure they're still in the process of reviewing and sending out more envelopes!

good luck...

does anyone know the next time tufts adcom will meet? i'm thinking about sending them a letter of interest since getting the DD

They said 3 times a yr and the next time in mid to late april for decisions in May...they told me this over the phone. I dont know how accurate

Didn't they say at the interview that you could theoretically get a delayed decision and hear a final decision two weeks later? This whole delayed decision is obnoxious if you want my opinion.

Has anybody who has already interviewed at Tufts heard absolutely nothing from them?

interviewed on 2-17.
haven't received anything in mail..