Tufts Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baracuda

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I 've been debating for ever between Columbia and Tufts and finally put the deposit down at Tufts mainly because of their great clinical program and the vibes I got from the school. I have a question. I know columbia is known as a specialty school and a lot of their students go on to place into specilty programs, but coming out of Tufts, do I stand a good chance of placing into a specialty of my choice (probably endo) in the location of my choice as long as I do fine on the boards ( I understand that it should be above 90) and be lets say top 20 in the class? Did I put my self at a disadvantage for placing into specialty by not going to CU?

Thanks for any insight you could give me

Members don't see this ad.

There seems to be an great deal of concern in postings re; specialty programs for people that haven't started dental school yet! If you were a strong enough candidate to gain spots at more than one school, you proably will do well wherever you want to go, and get into that specialty program. Keep in mind that some programs endo included take very few if any students right out of school many like at least a GPR some prefer people who have been in practice for a few years!

I agree with Ineedanassociate. Also as a GP you can do whatever you want. Most people won't even know what the specialty really entails until they have been in dental school and are exposed to it.
Marquette, is not well known for Board scores and from my class we have 7 people accepted to specialty programs (3 pros, 3 ortho, 1 oral surgery), not to mention a lot of Aegd programs. The only person denied was an endo applicant because experience is needed.