Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if university writing courses will satisfy the tufts humanities course requirement?

Does anyone know if university writing courses will satisfy the tufts humanities course requirement?
From my understanding, English fulfills the humanities requirement but I would directly ask the school just to be safe!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received notification that their application has been received?

on myADEEAS it still states “none” but I submitted it the day the application process opened up?

more.

I just got the email that my app has been received and to pay the supplemental fee!

Reactions: 1 users
For those that already received a request to pay the supplemental fee - when did you guys submit your apps?

I wanna know too. I sent mine June 18. So mine probably will arrive in frw days? Hopefully

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified on 7/6 and the only school I haven't heard from is Tufts. Was anyone else verified around the same time and haven't heard from them?

I was verified on 7/6 and the only school I haven't heard from is Tufts. Was anyone else verified around the same time and haven't heard from them?

It will probably take a week or two before tufts will email you to say that it is received and will send you the link for the supplemental payment. I was verified on 06/18 but didn’t receive an email till last week. It looks like they are doing it by batch.

Reactions: 2 users
It will probably take a week or two before tufts will email you to say that it is received and will send you the link for the supplemental payment. I was verified on 06/18 but didn’t receive an email till last week. It looks like they are doing it by batch.

Also depends on how late you applied. I know I applied towards the end of June and suspect that may be the reason my application still says "None."

Received my supplemental two days ago, does anyone know if this is a good sign from Tufts? Good luck to everyone this cycle :)

Received my supplemental two days ago, does anyone know if this is a good sign from Tufts? Good luck to everyone this cycle :)
Supplemental fee email? Or supplemental application to answer? When did you apply?

If it was just the fee and confirmation email it doesn’t mean much

It was the fee supplemental! Is there a separate supplemental with questions later on?

when did you get verified? I still haven't heard anything from Tufts, only school that didn't reach out to pay the supplemental...

when did you get verified? I still haven't heard anything from Tufts, only school that didn't reach out to pay the supplemental...

I was verified by AADSAS June 24, and received the supplemental July 16! Hopefully that is helpful to guage yours.

Hi! I applied June 27th and was sent supplemental materials/verification status two days ago (July 27th)! Before being sent the supplemental my status said "None" but has switched to "Received/Under Review"

Does anyone else who paid the supp fee and received an email from TUFTS saying it's under review but AADSAS status says "Recieved / Application Complete"? and not Under Review

Does anyone else who paid the supp fee and received an email from TUFTS saying it's under review but AADSAS status says "Recieved / Application Complete"? and not Under Review

I'm in the same boat.

I submitted my application on June 30th, I still haven’t got a link for the application fee. Should I contact them?

I submitted my application on June 30th, I still haven’t got a link for the application fee. Should I contact them?

Hi! I’m in the same boat as you! I submitted my application on the 30th. I’m going to play it out since it is early in the cycle and admissions have been busy with 4th years and the COVID situation.

Last edited:
Hi! I’m in the same boat as you! I submitted my application on the 30th. I’m going to play it out since it is early in the cycle and admissions have been busy with 4th years and the COVID situation.
True, I hope the reach out soon though it’s been a long time

I am in the same boat. Did you reach out via email and ask them the status of the app?

I submitted app on June 16th and got this email on July 6th:
Application Received
"Thank you for your application to the DMD program at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. We are delighted to learn of your interest in our school. Important information pertaining to the 2020-21 application cycle is contained in this email. Therefore, please read the entire email. If you have already received this message and paid your fee, please disregard this message.

At this time, a fee of $90 is required to further process your application. Application fees must be paid by credit card (Discover, Master Card, American Express, and Visa only.) Checks and money orders are no longer accepted to pay the application fee. Please do NOT send a check or money order to the Office of Admissions. Doing so will significantly delay the processing of your application. You will need your DentPIN in order to complete the payment. Please be sure to have this number available when you access the website below. Additionally, when completing the required information, please indicate that you are applying for the “DMD” program. Please do not pay the application fees for any other program."

Then I got this email on July 17th:
Application Complete
"Thank you for your application to Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Your application is considered complete and will undergo review. Although your application is considered complete, we reserve the right to request additional information to fully evaluate your candidacy. Please note that our application review process involves a thorough review of each application and as such, is a lengthy process. It is possible that some applicants may not hear from us regarding their status for a significant amount of time. If you do not hear from us, please understand that it means that your application is actively under review and consideration. Should we require any additional information to complete our evaluation of your candidacy, you will be notified immediately. Also, you will be notified of your status as soon as a final decision has been reached.

The DMD interview process for the 2019 -2020 cycle begins in October 2019 and will likely conclude in February 2020. Invitations for our earliest interviews are released beginning in September and will continue on a rolling basis until all interview slots are filled. We anticipate extending interview invitations into the month of February 2020."

I am in the same boat. Did you reach out via email and ask them the status of the app?

Hi! This was according to current students especially those who work close with the admissions. A lot has been pushed back and is slowing the process because main concern is the 4th year dental students.

Hi! This was according to current students especially those who work close with the admissions. A lot has been pushed back and is slowing the process because main concern is the 4th year dental students.
understandable. thanks for sharing. I wont bother them with an email then. It is about to hit the one month mark since i submitted. I am only worried bc i heard students, in past application cycles, say that some schools never received their app although they submitted through aadsas. something i deff want to avoid lol

understandable. thanks for sharing. I wont bother them with an email then. It is about to hit the one month mark since i submitted. I am only worried bc i heard students, in past application cycles, say that some schools never received their app although they submitted through aadsas. something i deff want to avoid lol

Of course! It makes total sense. Tufts is one of my top schools and so I’m in a similar situation. Personally, I will be giving it till the end of the month and if don’t hear back from them then I’ll email them.

I submitted around June 20th and have paid my fee. I also just received an email last week that my application is now complete and under review. I think they’re getting through apps slowly but surely so hopefully that helps some of you that are waiting! Good luck everyone! :)

I submitted around June 20th and have paid my fee. I also just received an email last week that my application is now complete and under review. I think they’re getting through apps slowly but surely so hopefully that helps some of you that are waiting! Good luck everyone! :)

So i submitted early july through aadsas. didnt receive any sort of email from tufts at all. not even that my app is received. i have to wait to get that email before paying the fee or its accessible online?

So i submitted early july through aadsas. didnt receive any sort of email from tufts at all. not even that my app is received. i have to wait to get that email before paying the fee or its accessible online?
I received the fee portal via email

I submitted early July, last week Monday I received the fee portal via email. Today, application complete and will undergo review. Hope this helps and best of luck!!

did you get the supplemental app info right after?
There’s no supplemental app before review. You pay the fee then they review it and said interviews will be extended starting in September. I’m not sure if they are doing a supplemental application this year.

I got the supplemental fee emial on 7/30 but never got an email stating my application is complete and is under review. However, My AADSAS for tufts says complete/under review. Is anyone else similar? Not too sure if not getting the application complete email after paying is a big deal.

I got the supplemental fee emial on 7/30 but never got an email stating my application is complete and is under review. However, My AADSAS for tufts says complete/under review. Is anyone else similar? Not too sure if not getting the application complete email after paying is a big deal.

I paid the fee 7/29 I think application complete just means they have all the necessary materials from you. Mines have been incomplete because I took my DAT on the 4th and I’m awaiting another letter, so mines says awaiting additional info.

Did anyone get an email that Tufts does not have your official scores even after they were sent? ADA says my official scores were sent on 7/22 and I got an email today saying they do not have my official scores.

Hey guys. I applied kind of late like a week ago and submitted my app. Do you guys think theres still a chance for me? Also i never recieved an email regarding the supplemental fee. Does that come in after it is reviewed in AADSASS?