Tufts Secondary requirement of AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prospective Doctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Tufts' secondary requirement is to include your copy of AMCAS application without the list of schools you applied. What do you people think if I include that list of schools? Will adcom look down b/c I applied to 20 or so medical schools? What did you all do? Do you think adcom will actually appreciate the fact that I didn't hide the list of schools?

Please reply.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There is no reason for them to know which schools you are applying to. I would exclude the list.

exclude the list. never trust the admissions committee on anything :D

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no reason to give them the list of schools you're applying to. The only reason they ask for a paper copy of AMCAS is because they're having transmission problems with AMCAS and they're trying to speed things up. If they got the app directly from AMCAS, it would not have the list of schools on it. Why give them a chance to grill you about why you've applied to all those schools? It can only work to your disadvantage. I applied to 23 schools last year, and did not include the list for any of the schools requesting paper copies. I strongly urge you not to include it.

Don't give them the list of schools. They have no right to ask. Or maybe they do, but you don't have to answer. Some schools ask this at interviews, and they really shouldn't be doing so.

-RA

right, i think the only thing it can do is hurt you - if you applied to more selective schools, they'll think tufts is your backup, and if you applied to many schools they might think that you applied everywhere just to get in somewhere, without really caring about tufts specifically.

as to asking the question in interviews, or asking if the school is your top choice, i just try to be as optimistic about the school as possible without being dishonest, pointing out everything i like about the school.