• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Okay, I'm freaking out because I've heard that Tufts has started sending out notifications-- I interviewed on the first day of interviews and have a 30 mcat with a 3.6 gpa. Is this even kind of good enough to get an acceptance, or is this like an automatic waitlist? I want this school so badly it hurts. I think the mailman is going to get a restraining order against me by the end of the week.

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Beantown
Status
Attending Physician
silas2642 said:
Okay, I'm freaking out because I've heard that Tufts has started sending out notifications-- I interviewed on the first day of interviews and have a 30 mcat with a 3.6 gpa. Is this even kind of good enough to get an acceptance, or is this like an automatic waitlist? I want this school so badly it hurts. I think the mailman is going to get a restraining order against me by the end of the week.
If they interviewed you on the first day it means they want you. That having being said don't freak out if you are waitlisted, they take lots of people off the waitlist.

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
skypilot said:
If they interviewed you on the first day it means they want you. That having being said don't freak out if you are waitlisted, they take lots of people off the waitlist.

I know I shouldn't flip out... that it will all work out in the end. I just wish I could breathe more easily with an acceptance (particularly from my first choice, Tufts--did I mention Tufts was my first choice?) in my hand. Are all pre-meds this paranoid?

yellowcat322

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
LA
Status
Medical Student
silas2642 said:
I know I shouldn't flip out... that it will all work out in the end. I just wish I could breathe more easily with an acceptance (particularly from my first choice, Tufts--did I mention Tufts was my first choice?) in my hand. Are all pre-meds this paranoid?
Yes

About the Ads