Tufts Students - on or off campus housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adizzle87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are at Tufts, would it be better to live on or off campus? I'm leaning towards off campus housing because it might be less expensive but I don't know for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who are at Tufts, would it be better to live on or off campus? I'm leaning towards off campus housing because it might be less expensive but I don't know for sure.

From what I've heard, on-campus housing runs about $850 per month which is certainly cheaper than most of what you'll find elsewhere in boston for 1-room apartments, and very competitive with studio apartments. Can't say much about the quality of the dorms, though, never been in them myself. I assume they're much like your average college dorm, brick walls and all.

i was also really curious about this. I lucky do have a good friend living in the city and was planing on crashing at her place while i look for a place of my own. While i was at my interview a couple people mentioned the metropolitan as a good place to live. Anyone live over there? additionally does tufts have anything to help us new students meet potential roommates?

I am also really curious about this. What are the places to really avoid?