Tufts: Today Was Last Fall Interview Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given that no one has posted an acceptance yet, I'm guessing that Tufts is waiting to access each of the fall interviewees before sending anything out. Is this accurate? If so, is it realistic to expect a letter this week? By the way, the winter interview period starts up again on January 4 in case anyone was wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody heard anything yet?

EpointH

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Tufts on the last day and they told us that they would be mailing out letters at the end of this coming week (so, around 12/17)...

Best of luck everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not me. I'm guessing it will be next week at the earliest. But that hasn't stopped me from running to the mailbox every day.

SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
they're mailing them on 12/17?!?!? i don't think i can wait that long :eek:

EpointH

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok whoa whoa -- I'm not sure that it's definitely the 17th, the guy just said it would be somewhere around there. So take it with the requisite grain of salt.

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't the end of this coming week be today? Did you mean the letters would go out on the 17th or that we would likely receive them on the 17th?

EpointH

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed on the 7th. He said they would be SENT OUT at the "end of next week" meaning the end of the week coming up, meaning the 17th. Or somewhere around there. God only knows what the actual date is.

SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EpointH said:
I interviewed on the 7th. He said they would be SENT OUT at the "end of next week" meaning the end of the week coming up, meaning the 17th. Or somewhere around there. God only knows what the actual date is.

Sorry if it seemed like I jumped on you about the date, EpointH.....when I interviewed, they said we'd know after the first of December but before Christmas....so of course, starting on Dec. 2, my anxiety has been steadily building. :scared:

Good luck, everyone!!

EpointH

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SRQGirl said:
Sorry if it seemed like I jumped on you about the date, EpointH.....when I interviewed, they said we'd know after the first of December but before Christmas....so of course, starting on Dec. 2, my anxiety has been steadily building. :scared:

Good luck, everyone!!

Haha no problem, I totally understand. :) Yesterday I found out that one of my mom's friends called Wash U. to find out when their next adcom meeting is! I think everyone's tired of this waiting game we're playing...

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EpointH said:

I'm leaving for vacation on December 22. I'm praying that it comes before then. The thought of having the letter sit in the mailbox for two weeks would probably wreck my trip.

cammy1313

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
RaistlinMajere said:
I'm leaving for vacation on December 22. I'm praying that it comes before then. The thought of having the letter sit in the mailbox for two weeks would probably wreck my trip.

I'm leaving on the 19th so I'm trying to convince myself that it's okay that i'll find out after xmas. That way, if it's bad news my xmas will not have been ruined :)

cottagepepper

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
cammy1313 said:
I'm leaving on the 19th so I'm trying to convince myself that it's okay that i'll find out after xmas. That way, if it's bad news my xmas will not have been ruined :)

So does this mean that they will send out rejection letters to people who haven't been interviewed yet as well?

Members don't see this ad :)

stinkycheese

Stinky and Cheesy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
cottagepepper said:
So does this mean that they will send out rejection letters to people who haven't been interviewed yet as well?

No, they don't reject pre-interview until march.

EpointH

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up -- Tufts letters are out! :)

ssk123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
got the letter today - i'm in. btw it's a big envelope.

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My letter has yet to arrive, but will be anxiously awaiting Monday at 1:30 when the mailperson typically arrives. Good luck everyone!

SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
RaistlinMajere said:
My letter has yet to arrive, but will be anxiously awaiting Monday at 1:30 when the mailperson typically arrives. Good luck everyone!

Man! Now I'm going to be nervous until tomorrow at noon.

Mephisto

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys interview with the dean?

Mephisto

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if so, how did you come out feeling?? Cause I felt kind of crappy :(

kings2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yah, I did (interview with the dean)- I didn't know how to feel afterwards either. It was a short interview, and I didn't have the opportunity to ask any q's. What about you? Did you get a letter from them yet? I'm waiting to get home tonight and check my mail.... !

kings

mstar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Argh! I am so frustrated. I finally got my much-awaited letter from Tufts and they basically told me that the did not have an answer for me right now- they are deferring their decision- and they'll get back to me sometime between now and May. I am wondering if a lot of people get deferred at Tufts from the first round. I know that's the case at BU which specifically says that most people will be deferred at the first round. Did Tufts say something like that too? I am getting so fed up with the waiting and I was so hoping to finally get a decision!

SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, mstar. I have a feeling I'm going to get a similar letter when I get home. :thumbdown:

EpointH

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my interview, they did specifically mention that most people will get delayed decision status. Apparently they're playing it very conservatively when it comes to sending out acceptances. So, not to worry!

SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yep, i got a delayed decision letter. oh well! :(

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I too am still in limbo with a delayed decision. While disappointed that I did not get an acceptance, I am happy to still be under consideration. It does seem like many people get after being delayed, so it is by no means over.

thirdator

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also interviewed with the dean and my interview was about 7 minutes long. I was accepted, so I wouldn't read too much into the length of the interview. The dean himself gave a speech about how students that think their interviews went poorly usually get in. They also gave a long speech at Tufts about how there are 3 types of letters you could get, and most people get the delayed decision letter.

antmarf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the call from my dad checking the mail.. I'm in! Tufts was my first interview, and this is my first acceptance so I'm definitely celebrating tonight! I'm still going to wait to hear from a few schools, but I would absolutely be happy going here, and I'd be back in Boston.... Woo Hoo!

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
antmarf said:
Just got the call from my dad checking the mail.. I'm in! Tufts was my first interview, and this is my first acceptance so I'm definitely celebrating tonight! I'm still going to wait to hear from a few schools, but I would absolutely be happy going here, and I'd be back in Boston.... Woo Hoo!

Congrats! Hopefully I will get in and see you there in the fall.