Tufts v Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubsfan

Resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am waitlisted at both places, but want to prepare in case I get in. Here is my thinking:
1) Emory is about $10K less/yr
2) Both have excellent match lists
3) Have have good USMLE Scores
4) Tufts is not nearly as competitive (not to mention no grades)
5) Boston seems to be an extremely great place to begin one's medical education...but Atlanta has some positives, as well.
6) Emory is a bit more traditional, while Tufts exposes you to a clinical setting a little earlier.

If anyone can offer any opinions (not including financial--I realize Tufts sticks it to you $$$), I would appreciate it.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

I think maybe Tufts would be a bit more laid back. (If that is what you are looking for). But mainly, I think it is a question of what environment (i.e. city) do you want to live in. Boston or Atlanta? Don't forget, you will be living there for 4 years if not more...

I think there are a lot of differences between the schools, besides the location. In response to the list above, I didn't realize that Emory has grades in the first two years. What is their grading system like?

Members don't see this ad :)
i never been to both, but i think i'd be more interested in emory.

although both cities are pretty nice, I would pick Tufts. Boston is AWESOME. it is one of the best cities to live in period. also, tufts does not have grades which would make it less competitive and this is something I would value in a medical schoool but I guess that depends on the type of person you are. but both are great schools and it would be a tough choice. but I would prefer Tufts, I've always had a dream of living in boston!