1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

tufts vs. bu

Discussion in 'Dental' started by nurin1, Dec 10, 2002.

1. nurin1

nurin1 New Member

having problems deciding between the two...realize pros and cons to every school...would appreciate input

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dudelove

dudelove Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

4. nurin1

nurin1 New Member

no explanation why...?

5. dudelove

dudelove Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't like to insult or put down other schools, but I practice in the Boston area and have been for about 3 years now. In my experience Tufts grads come out with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills. If you are unsure, go and visit the schools again and ask around. You really don't want to make some whimsical decision as this will be the next 4 years of your life. If you are going to stay in New Englad I can tell you that Tufts grads are highly regarded. I have never had a patient ask me if I went to harvard or bu. For some reason patients think that is the only dental school around and the best one in the world(I kid you not). Hope that helps.

6. jam21

jam21 Member
    7+ Year Member

I never went to BU for the interview, but if I were you I would definitely pick Tufts. They are both in Boston but I think Tufts is slightly harder to get in. Also, I think Tufts known to have a good dental school :)