Tufts vs Louisville (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogators2345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously stuck between both schools. Each of them provides a sense of community( which is a priority for me) and has good clinical skills with being a respected dental school. It's hard for me to decide which one is better. Tufts is 481K vs 430K for Louisville but I am planning on applying for NHSC so that can help I hope. I want to work in community dentistry and both schools prioritize that.

Tufts:

Pro:
- good clinical skills
- Boston has a lot of culture + food
- faculty is receptive and seemed welcoming
- the health and wellness course

Cons:
- living cost
- students aren't in the sim clinic which throws me off
- not sure about their state of the community programs

Louisville:

Pros:
- again sense of community
- my interviewer seemed very nice and I've heard good things about the student-faculty relationship
- not as bougie so its a chill culture
- not as expensive cost of living

Cons:
- kentucky is a red state and as weird as that is, i don't want to fear things because I am a minority
- don't know too much about Kentucky and traveling right now is off the hook

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Tufts.

Louisville is a blue city but it's worth 50k IMHO to not have to live in a red state if you're a minority.
Do you think i would have to do a GPR or AEGD since tufts hasn’t completed bounced back to “normal” with putting D1s and D2s back into sim clinic with COVID? I also heard the D3s and D4s aren’t seeing as much patients so I’m not sure if i should be concerned with that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think i would have to do a GPR or AEGD since tufts hasn’t completed bounced back to “normal” with putting D1s and D2s back into sim clinic with COVID? I also heard the D3s and D4s aren’t seeing as much patients so I’m not sure if i should be concerned with that?

I personally think folks should do a GPR no matter where you go. With that said, I would hope the pandemic is under control by the time you enter clinic so that it doesn't affect how many patients you see.