gogators2345

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm seriously stuck between both schools. Each of them provides a sense of community( which is a priority for me) and has good clinical skills with being a respected dental school. It's hard for me to decide which one is better. Tufts is 481K vs 430K for Louisville but I am planning on applying for NHSC so that can help I hope. I want to work in community dentistry and both schools prioritize that.

Tufts:

Pro:
- good clinical skills
- Boston has a lot of culture + food
- faculty is receptive and seemed welcoming
- the health and wellness course

Cons:
- living cost
- students aren't in the sim clinic which throws me off
- not sure about their state of the community programs

Louisville:

Pros:
- again sense of community
- my interviewer seemed very nice and I've heard good things about the student-faculty relationship
- not as bougie so its a chill culture
- not as expensive cost of living

Cons:
- kentucky is a red state and as weird as that is, i don't want to fear things because I am a minority
- don't know too much about Kentucky and traveling right now is off the hook

Last edited:

gogators2345

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Tufts.

Louisville is a blue city but it's worth 50k IMHO to not have to live in a red state if you're a minority.
Do you think i would have to do a GPR or AEGD since tufts hasn’t completed bounced back to “normal” with putting D1s and D2s back into sim clinic with COVID? I also heard the D3s and D4s aren’t seeing as much patients so I’m not sure if i should be concerned with that?

About the Ads

wengerout

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Do you think i would have to do a GPR or AEGD since tufts hasn’t completed bounced back to “normal” with putting D1s and D2s back into sim clinic with COVID? I also heard the D3s and D4s aren’t seeing as much patients so I’m not sure if i should be concerned with that?

I personally think folks should do a GPR no matter where you go. With that said, I would hope the pandemic is under control by the time you enter clinic so that it doesn't affect how many patients you see.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.