Tufts vs. MOSDOH vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queens_wear_crowns

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sooo I was extremely blessed this cycle to have had multiple interviews and 3 acceptances so far. I am still waiting on responses from others, but have to make a decision between Tufts, MOSDOH, and NYU by next week. I am very grateful to be in this position and am leaning towards Tufts, however I would like to hear others' thoughts on this, especially because I have no friends or family in dental that can advise me on this, or provide any points that I may not have thought of. I am aware prices of all of these programs are quite high, but wouldn't say they differ too much.

Tufts
Pros: established program, good location, seemingly supportive faculty, also seems like many clinical opportunities
Cons: larger class size, but clusters seem to counteract on this

MOSDOH
Pros: super sweet faculty and community, very personable, small class, good facilities
Cons: rural Missouri for 2 years. living in cities my whole life, I don't think I would be able to handle the small town life even for a temporary situation while being extremely busy with school

NYU
Pros: best city in the world! diverse class and community
Cons: largest class size :( don't know if i can justify the cost due to this, and possibly not getting 1 on 1 time with professors

Thanks in advance to everyone for their thoughts and constructive feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

cross out NYU. What's the cost difference between Tufts and MOSDOH? Where's your family closer to?
Tuition for Tufts is about $412k while MOSDOH is about $366. Cost of living of Boston is definitely more than MOSDOH, however, MOSDOH is like impossible to get to for the first 2 years. Kirksville is a 3 hour drive from St. Louis. There is an airport in Kirksville but super small. My family's home state is kind of central to both, but much easier to travel to Tufts than MOSDOH. I know I will be much happier in Boston, but I am just hoping the program at Tufts is worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tuition for Tufts is about $412k while MOSDOH is about $366. Cost of living of Boston is definitely more than MOSDOH, however, MOSDOH is like impossible to get to for the first 2 years. Kirksville is a 3 hour drive from St. Louis. There is an airport in Kirksville but super small. My family's home state is kind of central to both, but much easier to travel to Tufts than MOSDOH. I know I will be much happier in Boston, but I am just hoping the program at Tufts is worth it.
Tufts program is good, I think they have one of the larger classes, so if class size is important that's something to consider. I also believe they have a lot of PASS Students that join in too later on making the class even bigger. Overall happiness is important, how important is the extra 60,000? That's still a good amount. I'd probably side with Tufts, since it's a more well known program.