Tufts vs. Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teeveeoh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to get SDN community's input on these two schools, Tufts vs Nova. I've been accepted to both and having a difficult time choosing.

I have created my own list of pros and cons but still not sure which to go with. Can you guys give me your thoughts/opinions on these two schools? More specifically, is one more "malignant" than the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I wanted to get SDN community's input on these two schools, Tufts vs Nova. I've been accepted to both and having a difficult time choosing.

I have created my own list of pros and cons but still not sure which to go with. Can you guys give me your thoughts/opinions on these two schools? More specifically, is one more "malignant" than the other?
both great choices, where are you from?

Definitely Nova if you're from FL. Tuition is about the same, but living costs will be cheaper plus you'll be close to home

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptances! I am a current D1 at Tufts! I love it here, moved across the country to attend as well. The curriculum is manageable and applicable, the professors and faculty dentists are exceptional, and the pre-clinical and clinical experience is amazing. In terms of choosing, go with your gut if cost is not a factor! Think of at which school did you feel the most at home at during the interview.

Congrats on your acceptances! I am a current D1 at Tufts! I love it here, moved across the country to attend as well. The curriculum is manageable and applicable, the professors and faculty dentists are exceptional, and the pre-clinical and clinical experience is amazing. In terms of choosing, go with your gut if cost is not a factor! Think of at which school did you feel the most at home at during the interview.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

Hi just replying in case anyone present or future reads this.

So the overall best choice is definitely Tufts.... Let me explain. Just some credential info-I am born and raised in Miami, FL and have multiple friends from undergrad who currently attend Nova and Tufts.

Both schools' COA is over 500k. So cost should not really be a determining factor. It would be more a matter of the location and clinic/faculty experience.

In terms of location, South Florida is the best. Sunshine all year round with low 50s F between Dec-Feb. A car is a must because everything is far and the public transportation sucks lol. The food, culture, diversity and weather is what makes Fort Lauderdale/Miami such a unique experience. However, that is the only positive about Nova. Nova's clinic/sim lab is very old and outdated. Faculty is rude and does not care about the well being of their students. You have to recruit your own patients. I've heard horror stories about their patient care and ethics. My friends tell me nova is just money hungry and does nothing to improve the campus, curriculum, and staff. Basically, Nova charges like an ivy league but acts worse than a community college.

As for Tufts, the only real con vs Nova is the weather i guess. Tufts is the best bang for your buck with its amazing staff, facilities, and student body. The large class size can be a turn off but its not necessarily a bad thing. The 200 class gets split in two and having diversity can be a good thing!

Long story short, the only case i would ever say Nova is if you already live near the school/with parents....cheaper is better i guess. If that is not your case then Tufts all the way.