Tufts vs. UMass (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjc100

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am lucky to have been accepted to both tufts and UMass but I am out of state. I know I want to do pediatrics but I’m not sure if I want to do primary care or a specialty. I loved Boston and being in the city seems like so much fun but wasn’t a huge fan of China town. I like the UMass community because it seems very supportive but I’m not a fan of the area other than that it is cheaper and seems easier to navigate. I do have family around UMass so it would be nice to have the support system but it isn’t really a deciding factor for me because tufts is close enough. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not familiar enough with these programs to comment, and seems like you only care about the individual programs here because there's no practical (e.g. financial) or personal (e.g. family) reasons. I'd suggest also looking at past posts on this since I doubt the programs really changed that much since then.

Reactions: 1 user
UMASS. Tufts Med has funding issues in research whereas UMASS has a surplus. PM me if you need. I worked at both places.