Tufts vs. Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDMPH22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Tufts is amazing and being in Boston is pretty cool when you are interested in the healthcare field. Its expensive though. Tufts crew is super friendly and we all have lots of activities outside of school and we do alot of group activities. Everyone gets along with each other and its a very tight nit school. So your impressions on interview day might not be very representative of the real experience.

Im not familiar with wake but tufts give students 4k (2k for outside projects)during the summer to do research and its hard to beat Boston when it comes to cutting edge research. So i'm not sure how wake would have that as a positive over us but I didnt attend there or interviewed so im not sure. **Im just here to sing praises of tufts**

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Wake Forest really isn't much cheaper than Tufts. They're both great schools but if it were me I would choose Tufts mainly because I'd way rather be in Boston. In terms of NIH funding, Wake Forest wins though. I personally interviewed (and got accepted) at Tufts and absolutely loved it. The students seemed really happy and the clinical faculty is very strong there. Plus, it's P/F grading.

Reactions: 1 user