Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faradayampere

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone still waiting on Tufts? Are we out of hope yet??

I have been completed since late August, and no word yet from them

Members don't see this ad.

I got a nice delayed decision letter from them today...grr!!!

im still waiting on tufts, as well. apparently they are still offering interviews that will go on through april. my application was final in late october...

i called and they said my application was still in the review process. whatever that means.

Members don't see this ad :)
skiracer90 said:
I got a nice delayed decision letter from them today...grr!!!

Me too. What motivation to fill out all their BS financial aid forms.

I'm still hoping to get an interview from Tufts. I got an email that said my application was still in review.

PookieGirl said:
Me too. What motivation to fill out all their BS financial aid forms.

I know!! Too bad my parents and I already filled out that paperwork. I wonder what their ratios are for acceptance/delayed decision/rejection.

To Skiracer 90,

When was your interview at Tufts?

this means decisions for the winter interview dates are out! nervous nervous......

nycmed8 said:
this means decisions for the winter interview dates are out! nervous nervous......

Did anyone get an acceptance today? Damn, I wanted them to update me from my fall delayed decision... guess I'm waiting until May. :(

stinkycheese said:
Did anyone get an acceptance today? Damn, I wanted them to update me from my fall delayed decision... guess I'm waiting until May. :(

Same boat as you, stinky :(

I interviewed in the winter cycle, and am stuck at work!!! I'm hoping there is good news when I get home. Has anyone gotten an acceptance today or just deferments?

nothing in the mail today. possibly because im on the west coast. hopefully itll be in tomorrow. gl everyone.

For those we received "delayed decision" notices from the fall cycle, are their applications reviewed again with the winter date interviewees for the March decisions? Or are they periodically reviewed with acceptances that can be handed out at any time, even after this notification date but before May?

Nervously waiting... :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
DrFlower said:
For those we received "delayed decision" notices from the fall cycle, are their applications reviewed again with the winter date interviewees for the March decisions? Or are they periodically reviewed with acceptances that can be handed out at any time, even after this notification date but before May?

Nervously waiting... :scared:

i think people with "delayed decision" can have their files reviewed at any time and received acceptances at any time between now and May. please correct me if im wrong.

yea...nervously waiting here too

Hey for all you winter interviewees, maybe they sent out delayed decisions yesterday and acceptances today :D That would be lovely for y'all! I don't expect to get a decision until May since I was delayed in December... but would love to hear sooner than that (with good news!) Good luck, people.

I interviewed back in October or september, and recieved a delayd decision notice. I currently attend Tufts U and the pre-med advisor (who know more about Tufts than anyone) said that the deffered decision letter is a very good sign. I don't know if it is better or worse that being on a waitlist, you'd think they would just make a decision. I am meeting again with the premed advisor next week and I will ask more detailed questions about this.

I emailed the med-admit staff at Tufts Med, and they said that they just met last Tuesday to review the second round of applicants, and that they will meet again for the final round in May. So I expect that some letters will go out over the next couple of weeks.

Also the med-admit person said that all contacts between myself and them (i.e. the email I sent telling them how much I wanted to Tufts) would be added to my file for review. So I recommend writing a letter or sending an email telling them that you are still interested,and/or showing them some new developements in your app that may help you.

My pride will be damaged if I don't get in since I am an Alum, and we are supposed to comprise 30-40% of the class. But if this application process has taught me anything, its that it is a complete crapshoot (accepted to BU, not even offered an interview at EVM?).

Good luck, I hope that everyone who places Tufts as their first choice gets accepted!

AubreyMaturin said:
I interviewed back in October or september, and recieved a delayd decision notice. I currently attend Tufts U and the pre-med advisor (who know more about Tufts than anyone) said that the deffered decision letter is a very good sign.

Really, because I had heard that nobody is rejected until May - everyone is accepted or delayed in December and March. Clearly, not all of these people get in, so I always assumed it was just the way that people who are not immediately accepted were handled. One of my friends is a Tufts undergrad alum, and applied to Tufts med twice. He got delayed decisions both times, then rejections. :( I am hoping that the delayed decision is more positive than what he made it out to be, but I am also trying not to get my hopes up.

I emailed the med-admit staff at Tufts Med, and they said that they just met last Tuesday to review the second round of applicants, and that they will meet again for the final round in May. So I expect that some letters will go out over the next couple of weeks.

In December, everyone got their letters on the same day, so I'm hoping that a bunch of stuff went out yesterday/today.

:luck:

stinkycheese said:
In December, everyone got their letters on the same day, so I'm hoping that a bunch of stuff went out yesterday/today.

hm, strange. i was part of the winter cycle, and havent received mine yet and everyone else seems to have. maybe delayed decision got theirs today and acceptances tomorrow, like the previous poster said :) . ill update this thread tomorrow when i receive whatever it is tufts sends me. have a good weekend everyone.

stinkycheese said:
Really, because I had heard that nobody is rejected until May - everyone is accepted or delayed in December and March. Clearly, not all of these people get in, so I always assumed it was just the way that people who are not immediately accepted were handled. One of my friends is a Tufts undergrad alum, and applied to Tufts med twice. He got delayed decisions both times, then rejections. :( I am hoping that the delayed decision is more positive than what he made it out to be, but I am also trying not to get my hopes up.

I will ask my pre-med advisor on Tuesday, and let you know about the delayed decision. If I rememberr the interview day correctly, which I don't, I though that Dr Slavin said that; at first everyone got delayed, accepted, or rejected. Then after the last round of admissions, everyone was either waitlisted or accepted. I am not expecting a second letter saying that I am still delayed or waitlisted anytime soon just because the admit com just convened this week.

Also, because there is always so much movements on waitlists do to people holding multiple spots (guilty!), I expect that they will under-accept during the first two rounds so that they will have a better idea of how many spots are available.

Hope to have accurate info next week. Also if there are any questions that you want me to ask the Tufts PreMed advisor, send them to me and I will ask.

AubreyMaturin said:
I will ask my pre-med advisor on Tuesday, and let you know about the delayed decision. If I rememberr the interview day correctly, which I don't, I though that Dr Slavin said that; at first everyone got delayed, accepted, or rejected. Then after the last round of admissions, everyone was either waitlisted or accepted.

That can't be true because then that means they don't reject anyone in their third cycle. Also, I have not heard of anyone getting rejected post-interview at Tufts until May; have you?

I am not expecting a second letter saying that I am still delayed or waitlisted anytime soon just because the admit com just convened this week.

No, neither am I. But if they have made updated decisions on some fall applicants, then it makes sense that they might send those decisions with the spring batch.

I just checked my mail and got my acceptance letter. I interviewed on the first day of winter interviews. The letter is dated 2/25, yesterday, so perhaps there is some truth to theory that delayed letters went out first and acceptances second. The letter came in a big envelope. I will be declining the offer and hope it goes to one of you who is currently delayed!! Something like half of interviewees are accepted, which are great odds. :luck:

ktsou said:
nothing in the mail today. possibly because im on the west coast. hopefully itll be in tomorrow. gl everyone.
I didn't get anything either, though I'm guessing that might be because I live in SoCal. Sadly, because I still live on-campus, the post office doesn't deliver today since it treats the college mail room as a business. That means no letters until at least Monday. Boo! :thumbdown:

hopefully youre right carlene....still waiting for a response...

just checked my mail and.....STILL NOTHING. hopefully they send out the acceptances yesterday, so ill get it on monday (wishful thinking :) )

ktsou said:
just checked my mail and.....STILL NOTHING. hopefully they send out the acceptances yesterday, so ill get it on monday (wishful thinking :) )

So if delayed decisions were sent Thursday, you would have gotten it by now. Must mean that since acceptances were sent Friday, you are going to get one of those big envelopes on Monday! I'd put money on it. :luck:

stinkycheese....i hope youre right. id love to live in boston for 4 years. im actually more about the area than the school (kinda strange, huh?). the location of the school is huge in my mind and after living in berkeley for 4 years and on the west coast for the last 21, i need a change in scenery.

ktsou said:
stinkycheese....i hope youre right. id love to live in boston for 4 years. im actually more about the area than the school (kinda strange, huh?). the location of the school is huge in my mind and after living in berkeley for 4 years and on the west coast for the last 21, i need a change in scenery.

Welcome to winter, my friend :laugh: I am equally in love with Boston and with the school. I really want to stay here. I am hoping that you get an acceptance and that I do too :)

this whole "delayed decision sent out on thursday and acceptances sent out on friday" thing has gotten me so paranoid that i looked up usps's website....according to them, for priority mail, its takes 1 day to ship along the same coast and 2 days to ship from the east coast to west coast....yea, i know, im going nuts here

anyone hear anything today from tufts? and if so, where are you from? just want to get an idea of how long it takes mail to reach different places from the east coast.

ktsou said:
anyone hear anything today from tufts? and if so, where are you from? just want to get an idea of how long it takes mail to reach different places from the east coast.
I got an acceptance from Tufts today. I'm in Baltimore and the letter is dated the 25th, so it basically took 2 mail days to get here. Best of luck.

Any one out there with "delayed decisions" from December recieve any acceptances or rejections????

My question is, does anyone get outright rejected? If anyone, knows of anyone, getting a rejection letter first, please let us know. If they do give rejections outright, that means this "delayed decision" category means something, if there are no outright rejections, we are merely being waitlisted.

ElKapitan said:
My question is, does anyone get outright rejected? If anyone, knows of anyone, getting a rejection letter first, please let us know. If they do give rejections outright, that means this "delayed decision" category means something, if there are no outright rejections, we are merely being waitlisted.

Yes, they most definately do. On interview day they handed us a blue piece of paper in which they stipulated the interview periods and the general number of accepted/rejected/delayed applicants. I don't know the exact numbers but it was something like 10% of that cycles interviewees accepted, 20% rejected, the rest delayed. The delayed decision means they re-evaluate you at the end of each interview cycle, and if by the end of interviews they still aren't going to accept you you are placed on the waitlist. Hope this clarifies things.

I didn't realize they rejected post-interview until May! Wow, so everyone who gets delayed and is not accepted in May gets waitlisted? That's kind of good for people who are delayed, but then the waitlist must be huge!!!!

Edit: I just looked at the selected students admissions page, and people who are delayed actually can get rejected in May. Bummer.

um, are they still giving out interivews :oops:

I was wondering the same thing...are they still inviting? If so, is it for the waitlist?? Or is it pretty much over for me and that school? (sniff)

wends said:

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but i believe that they are most likely not sending out anymore invites. don't take this as the word of God, but seeing as how their last round of interviews are the first couple of weeks in march i'm thinking that this is all she wrote :( i'm pretty positive about this being the last couple of weeks of interviews but don't quote me on whether or not they're still inviting.

stinkycheese: sorry for misleading you back there! i meant to say that you're either waitlisted or rejected in May. i'm PRAYING for a waitlist if not an ACCEPTANCE! good luck! :luck:

I don't know, I'm starting to feel a little bit discouraged. I was delayed in the fall, and if we don't get any news until May, then it sort of feels like we're being strung along by Tufts for the entire academic year. It is just too long to be in limbo if it's not an official "waitlist." I interviewed on the very first interview day and might not know anything until the middle of May. When they go back to review delayed applicants, how do they even remember anything useful about an October interviewee once May rolls around? So what is the point of interviewing early? It just doesn't seem that fair.

wends said:

i dunno but they do interview into april.

when i called last week they said that their last interview date is april 26 [or 23?? hm. anyway -- end of april]... i dont know if they interview once a week or once a month or whatnot, but at least theyre going out further

wisteria said:
i dunno but they do interview into april.

well, goes to show that even the information they give out to interviewees on paper means nothing. i'm looking at it right now and it says their interview cycles are once a week for the months of october through december, and then the first two weeks of february and the first two weeks of march. i guess they changed their minds after us fall interviewees or i got the misprinted version. sorry if i caused a comotion! :oops:

OK so here is the info that I got from my premed advisor at Tufts U,
If you interviewed in the fall and recieved a delayed decision notice already, do not expect to hear anything untl May. That is when they decide on their DD apps. Many people who interview do get rejected instead of delayed (however, very few Tufts U students ever get rejected after being interviewed.) She said that Tufts is notoriously slow in acceptences, especially for TuftsU students. I would imagine this makes sense since many people who are already accepted will decline. Therefore, by waiting until may they can have a more accurate number of avaliible spots.

If you interviewed in the winter, you should have heard yes no or delayed by now. Or very soon. Again, letters went out last Thursday the 25th. I would say if you don't hear anything by the end of the week, call/email them. Tufts is still interviewing, so it is not to late, but it soon will be. I would say, the end of March would be the latest you would hear anything, but this is a questions you should direct to the admissions office.

BTW,
someone asked earlier how they will remember you if you interviewed 4+ months ago (Criminallyinane). The admissions committe and the interviewers are different people. The admit committe never actually meets you, they look at you file and make decisions based on that. The interviewers just meet you and transform their impressions of you into some quantitative scale, and/or answer some prewritten questions based on the interview.

Good luck to everybody

Thanks for the info Aubrey! So sad that we have to wait until May... :(

I interviewed in the fall, was delayed and was accepted in January. So Tufts doesn't always wait until May for the delayed people. Some others also have posted acceptances after delays. It is possible to get in before May. Good luck everyone.

RaistlinMajere said:
I interviewed in the fall, was delayed and was accepted in January. So Tufts doesn't always wait until May for the delayed people. Some others also have posted acceptances after delays. It is possible to get in before May. Good luck everyone.

Wies/Hickman fan ("Chronicles" was my favorite),
that is interesting, because you actually recieved your acceptance before the second round of committe decisions. So they must of decided to delay you and then changed their collective mind before they looked at anyone else...Or the delayed letter could have been a mistake...Or my premed advisor is full of **** (which is possible)...
Actually I asked her if a situation like yours could happen, and she said that she has never heard of it, but it is possible. She mostly just deals with Tufts U kids, so that limits the info about applicants that she would be privy to.

Again,
To all of you interested in Tufts...Just send them an email for these types of questions, that way you can get correct answers rather than speculation. + If you email them you will be reaffirming you interest in Tufts.