Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spongebob_sq

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to resurect this discussion b/c I haven't herad anything in a few days. Any new info on Tufts (interviews, etc)? I'm starting to get a little anxious.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was up there last week...

From the admissions director, Mr Slavin, they are interviewing until Apr 26, and have plenty of slots still open. There is a huge number of applications this year.

My application at Tufts has been complete since 6 months... I called last week just for kicks... "No decision has been made regarding your application." I actually started laughing (very softly, mind you) on the phone when I heard that for the millionth time... Just send me my rejection already! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard saturday that i was granted an interview... it will be my first interview, so wish me luck! i promise to post afterwards on teh interview feedback forum.

i just noticed that they cashed my check on tuesday. maybe that means my interview invitation/rejection will be here by sat? :confused:

Congratulations!! At least someone got some news. Good Luck! :clap:

I just got canned a few days ago. I was complete in October.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Tufts after being put on the delayed decision list back in December. Anyone else waiting? Anyone know when we might hear back? I've heard that it might not be until May which is a long time away....

I'm still waiting to hear from them too...no rejection, but no interview either. i called and they said "my application is under review." it really is funny when med schools give you that answer...it's like "umm, okaaaay, thanks...cause i didn't know that already" hehe :oops:

oh, real quick...did you guys hear tufts decision (interview, rejection, etc) via snail or email. just wondering since i'm going home for spring break tomorrow and won't be able to check my mail at my apartment! thanks!

DoctorV09 said:
oh, real quick...did you guys hear tufts decision (interview, rejection, etc) via snail or email. just wondering since i'm going home for spring break tomorrow and won't be able to check my mail at my apartment! thanks!

Tufts invites via snail mail. I called the office to check on the status of my application (I was under review of course), went away to Boston a week and a half later and came back to find the invite in the mail. :p

redsoxfan said:
I just heard saturday that i was granted an interview... it will be my first interview, so wish me luck! i promise to post afterwards on teh interview feedback forum.

I am very happy for your congrats! :thumbup:

Gnattylight, I'm in the same boat you are. Delayed decision since the Fall and still waiting to hear SOMETHING. I have a feeling I'm headed for the waitlist :(

cammy1313 said:
Gnattylight, I'm in the same boat you are. Delayed decision since the Fall and still waiting to hear SOMETHING. I have a feeling I'm headed for the waitlist :(

What makes you think that? I was under the impression that most delayed candidates will not hear before May but that doesn't have bearing on what the decision will be. At least, I think that's how it is. I've pulled my hat from the ring for Tufts, but I had previously been delayed and I think that's how it works.

I interviewed in early Feb. I was placed on the delayed decision list and was just accepted this last week. My acceptance came after sending them letter of intent. I don't know if that helped but my MCAT score and GPA are not that great so my advice is send a letter to the Dean of Admissions if you feel that Tufts is your top choice. Good luck to everyone.

still nothing.

Interview invite via snail mail received 03/23. Interview on April 19 (April 19 and 26 still available). Application complete by late January.

hey

i want to contact them, who should i contact: Dr. Sarno (Dean of admissions) or Mr. Slavin (Director of admissions).

Thank You

rejected today via snail mail. i have a 3.6 and 30Q, plus research and clinical experience, but even that didn't get me an interview :(